Stoke City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 19/03/11 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Off the top of my head Harper was at fault for at least 2 of their goals.

2nd one when he fucked up his kick and put the team under pressure, 4th one for not even bothering to try to be a goalkeeper.  And I usually quite like Harper.

What about the 3rd where he didn't even attempt to get in the way of a shot that went in the middle of his net?

The sad thing is, when we gave that free-kick away, I turned to my mate and said Stoke would score because Harper either wouldn't attempt to save it or by palming it in like Green did last week.

2nd one when he fucked up his kick and put the team under pressure, 4th one for not even bothering to try to be a goalkeeper.  And I usually quite like Harper.

What about the 3rd where he didn't even attempt to get in the way of a shot that went in the middle of his net?

The sad thing is, when we gave that free-kick away, I turned to my mate and said Stoke would score because Harper either wouldn't attempt to save it or by palming it in like Green did last week.

Higginbotham hit it very hard, yes, but Harper was pathetic. Just standing there as it went past him a metre away.

Higginbotham hit it very hard, yes, but Harper was pathetic. Just standing there as it went past him a metre away.

It isn't the first time this season he hasn't attempted to save a shot either which is diabolical for a 'keeper.

2nd one when he f***ed up his kick and put the team under pressure, 4th one for not even bothering to try to be a goalkeeper.  And I usually quite like Harper.

It isn't the first time this season he hasn't attempted to save a shot either which is diabolical for a 'keeper.

it's not, you often see keepers rooted to the spot, even the best.....how much did schmichael dive for alberts lob ?

2nd one when he f***ed up his kick and put the team under pressure, 4th one for not even bothering to try to be a goalkeeper.  And I usually quite like Harper.

it's not, you often see keepers rooted to the spot, even the best.....how much did schmichael dive for alberts lob ?

The difference is it happens with Harper on a regular basis though.

hadn't realised it happening more to him than others.

Best home atmosphere I've heard in a long while. But they're a massive bunch of mongs who live in a place that resembles Dresden circa 1945, I hope nothing but ill on them.

They weren't four goals better but when we're as toothless as that upfront we're basically hoping for a 0-0 draw, game over as soon as Harper decided he couldn't be arsed.

Best home atmosphere I've heard in a long while. But they're a massive bunch of mongs who live in a place that resembles Dresden circa 1945, I hope nothing but ill on them.

They weren't four goals better but when we're as toothless as that upfront we're basically hoping for a 0-0 draw, game over as soon as Harper decided he couldn't be arsed.

:dowie:

They didn't wake up until the third goal. When their fans did sing they were loud but they were dreadful today. We outsang them for the majority of the game.

They didn't wake up until the third goal. When their fans did sing they were loud but they were dreadful today. We outsang them for the majority of the game.

100% agree.  They were fucking shit for the vast majority, really bad.

if we just had a couple of decent/good strikers, Ameobi has always been shit overall and always will be, And Mcloven? I wont even start..

Our awful strikers just makes the rest of our team look alot worse than they really are.

So obvious i know!

I was right by the divide so that may be why. In general home atmospheres are shit wherever you go nowadays, but they created a decent din. We started off well but obviously it tailed off slightly.

Guest Rey Mysterio

He's done it three times in the last two matches and could have saved all three. It's unforgivable.

He's done it three times in the last two matches and could have saved all three. It's unforgivable.

i agree, he honestly just stands there as the balls coming towards him and thinks "know what ? i don't give a shit"

Guest elbee909

So Pardew is getting some Hughton-style results now, pretty much.  I doubt we'll see any reaction from Ashley though.

Stoke use microphones to make the crowd louder, hence the reason it goes from pin drop silence to a wall of noise at the click of a finger.

Anyone see the group of 14 year olds in there best casual burberry/stone island gear looking well hard cus they smashed up about 6 seats after the fourth goal went in? Such nutters those lads, wouldn't wanna get on the wrong side of them.

Also, Stoke fans were loud when they sang but didnt sing very much.

Slow from Campbell, but that's a good goal IMO.

I'm not watching it but if you're talking about the first goal then that was a good goal and I said so at the time.

From their point of view anyway.  It comes to something when Stoke are playing perfect football around you.

It was all to do with the acres of space that Stoke were allowed on our left hand side just before Pennant got the ball and crossed it for the goal. I remember Ferguson finding himself marking 2 players, with the CB's (Coloccini in this case) nowhere to be seen covering that free space that Pennant ran into. IIRC.

Absolutely daft to sugest Harper could have done anything about that strike like, there was about half a second from boot to net.

Spot on. He had a right to expect the wall to deal with that.

But he looked totally disinterested for Fuller's goal.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Absolutely daft to sugest Harper could have done anything about that strike like, there was about half a second from boot to net.

He also had a right to make sure two Stoke players didn't get in his wall leaving a gap for the ball to go through. What the hell did he think Higginbotham was going to do?

He also had a right to make sure two Stoke players didn't get in his wall leaving a gap for the ball to go through. What the hell did he think Higginbotham was going to do?

Nolan turned his back on it too.