Aston Villa v Newcastle United (10/4/11) Pre-Match Thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

Reasons: Apoint to prove to their supporters: an opportunity to move away from the bottom 3 after they all lost yesterday: I cannot see our defence keeping out Bent, Young, Downing and Agbonlahor for the entire afternoon: I dont see our attack capable of scoring enough goals to match the opposition.

Think most people said this before they lost at home to Wolves also.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Sorry boys, dont mean to dent the wonderful optimism on here but I can see Villa winning by two clear goals at least today.

Reasons: Apoint to prove to their supporters: an opportunity to move away from the bottom 3 after they all lost yesterday: I cannot see our defence keeping out Bent, Young, Downing and Agbonlahor for the entire afternoon: I dont see our attack capable of scoring enough goals to match the opposition.

Prediction: -  0-2 Villa

I think today'll be one of those surprise results we get. Away win.

Just thinking Bouma in that video. Genuinely amazing how quickly his career at the top level ended. I think he is back in Holland now, but he was probably my favourite left back in the Premiership, and he just fell off after one injury.

He's playing for PSV now, so he's doing alright.

We let him go as his injury looked like he was never going to recover. He was very popular with the fans. We could have done with him this season.

Sorry boys, dont mean to dent the wonderful optimism on here but I can see Villa winning by two clear goals at least today.

Prediction: -  0-2 Villa

They've had opportunities to do this all season and failed, especially in their last home game against Wolves.

I love how people suddenly forget how these teams ended up near the bottom of the table. It'll be a close one.

Hate Sunday games.

I know, only realised it wasn't on today this morning, was gutted.

I did the same thing!  Doh!

I planned most of the weekend on the basis of the match being yesterday, only realised Friday night that it wasn't. :lol:

Hopeful for an EPIC WIN today.

Guest magpie99

I am a natural pessimist but after years of having my hopes raised, I invariably have had them murdered the following week.

For the poster who thinks Wolves front 4 is better than Villa;s, get real, mate.

If we can keep them quiet for the first half hour or so, the fans will get on their backs, and then maybe we will have a chance. Just can't see us getting anything from the game with the team we will put out.

Nervous about this one due to the suspensions and injuries, hope i'm wrong as a win would leave us very nicely placed. Plus really want to thump them after what they did to us two years ago.

COME ON... HOWAY THE LADS

Win this get within 1 point of Bolton

Do it for Marley who is suffering today after a run in with a pitbull last night, few puncture wounds and muscle damage but he WILL be fine

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7940/dscf7643.jpg