Newcastle United vs. Manchester United (19/4/11 at 7.45pm) Pre-Match Thread

ChrisMcQuillan

Was really confident the other week, but i'm not so sure now... :undecided : (I refuse to have that f***ing dancing banana as my undecided smiley)

I'd be having serious words with your parents if you think that's a banana.

:lol:

The fixture at Old Trafford is the one game, annually, i tend not to give the least shit about. Just consider it a write-off and if we get anything, bonus.

Always get excited about the home game though. I honestly think it'll be tight because we've got a thing, recently, about playing up to the bigger and better sides and i really think we'll make a game of it. Especially if we've got plenty of our best players available.

Manu were excellent last night, i thought, and Rooney's hit form at the typical time - so he's bound to score as he always does.

I think it'll be 2-1 to Man Utd but wouldn't be surprised to see us nick a draw. What i'd give to see us beat them.

Harper

Simpson -- Williamson -- Coloccini -- Enrique

Barton -- Ireland -- Tiote -- Gutierrez

Ameobi -- Lovenkrands

The fixture at Old Trafford is the one game, annually, i tend not to give the least s*** about. Just consider it a write-off and if we get anything, bonus.

Always get excited about the home game though. I honestly think it'll be tight because we've got a thing, recently, about playing up to the bigger and better sides and i really think we'll make a game of it. Especially if we've got plenty of our best players available.

Manu were excellent last night, i thought, and Rooney's hit form at the typical time - so he's bound to score as he always does.

I think it'll be 2-1 to Man Utd but wouldn't be surprised to see us nick a draw. What i'd give to see us beat them.

Harper

Simpson -- Williamson -- Coloccini -- Enrique

Barton -- Ireland -- Tiote -- Gutierrez

Ameobi -- Lovenkrands

Same here - despite the fact we've only had one point in the home fixture in nearly 10 years :lol:

If there's any decent tickets left on Monday, I think I'll go to this. I don't think we should underestimate that they're playing three games in a week when we're playing one. Hopefully it gives us some sort of advantage over them, because it'll be a ridiculously tough game.

Guest Roger Kint

Liverpool might do them a favour and beat Arsenal on Sunday meaning Fergie could leave a few players out for our game with them playing so many big games in a row. Always hopeful of a draw in these games but its tough. Will settle for putting up a good fight and a narrow 1-2 given our injuries.

Just reliased that this could be Owen's first game against us at SJP since he left. Hope he comes off the bench and someone De Jongs him.

Bet he thinks he'll get a great reception too :lol:

He'll run on to the pitch clapping at the Gallowgate, guaranteed.

Just reliased that this could be Owen's first game against us at SJP since he left. Hope he comes off the bench and someone De Jongs him.

He'll run on to the pitch clapping at the Gallowgate, guaranteed.

I do hope so, although if he gets on he'll score...

I doubt that. He isn't totally stupid.

I doubt that. He isn't totally stupid.

Not far from either.