Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

I'm actually a fan of the short corner, pass back to the corner taker to then cross it in. Usually in a much better position for the cross compared to out by the corner flag.

I thought that was the only reason teams took short corners. The extra few yards helps.

I'm actually a fan of the short corner, pass back to the corner taker to then cross it in. Usually in a much better position for the cross compared to out by the corner flag.

Spurs at home 12/13 the prime example of how great a short corner can be.

Shame we wont be seeing that in a while.

Short corners.

I've never got this fully. You have the chance of a free cross into the area. Why do so many teams give up this chance? I see SO many teams simply pass it short, run about a bit and either lose the ball or pass it back to the half way line. Top teams even do it. It's the equivalent of a winger getting into a good position behind the defence ready to cross then turning round and passing it back to the centre backs. I DON'T GET IT it's infuriating and it's f***ing stupid.

This, of course, doesn't apply to teams who obviously have a successful, planned short corner routine.

That numbers game book said that it would be more beneficial to always take your corners short as you concede as many goals from the other team countering after the corner as you do yourself from the corner or something along those lines

fuck off pardew

I like them. If done properly, they're more difficult to defend against. It's just when you get two panicky dafties executing an spontaneous and ill-thought out short one that it becomes infuriating.

Which is 90% of the time.

Short corners.

I've never got this fully. You have the chance of a free cross into the area. Why do so many teams give up this chance? I see SO many teams simply pass it short, run about a bit and either lose the ball or pass it back to the half way line. Top teams even do it. It's the equivalent of a winger getting into a good position behind the defence ready to cross then turning round and passing it back to the centre backs. I DON'T GET IT it's infuriating and it's f***ing stupid.

This, of course, doesn't apply to teams who obviously have a successful, planned short corner routine.

That numbers game book said that it would be more beneficial to always take your corners short as you concede as many goals from the other team countering after the corner as you do yourself from the corner or something along those lines

fuck off pardew

I like them. If done properly, they're more difficult to defend against. It's just when you get two panicky dafties executing an spontaneous and ill-thought out short one that it becomes infuriating.

Which is 90% of the time.

Pardew's corners are the exact opposite of short you fucking idiot

Just received a warning for that post. Bit harsh I think. I went to the bother of replying to him and then he calls me Pardew for no reason whatsoever. I don't see how that isn't being a f***ing idiot

Was more about the worry of conceding from an attacking position. If that ain't doin' a Pardy then I don't know what is.

Just received a warning for that post. Bit harsh I think. I went to the bother of replying to him and then he calls me Pardew for no reason whatsoever. I don't see how that isn't being a f***ing idiot

Was more about the worry of conceding from an attacking position. If that ain't doin' a Pardy then I don't know what is.

But it wasn't an opinion mate it is fact based on that numbers game book

But it wasn't an opinion mate it is fact based on that numbers game book

aye sure alan, you're not fooling me

• 4 weeks later...

Are premiership attendances falling? Over the last year / two years.

Just noticed the empty seats at villa park, there's usually a few thousand empty seats at SJP. Even the champions can't fill their ground.