Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

This must have been asked, possibly by me.

Has anyone been sent off for taking his shirt off twice?

Not the answer but one of my favourite things ever in football was when Paulo Sergio scored for Bayern, whipped off his top to give to a disabled fan but had another shirt on underneath. Think it was pre-bookings but I'd be interested to see what would happen if you did that now.

Not the answer but one of my favourite things ever in football was when Paulo Sergio scored for Bayern, whipped off his top to give to a disabled fan but had another shirt on underneath. Think it was pre-bookings but I'd be interested to see what would happen if you did that now.

The booking is only because the sponsor isn't being shown, so if there was another shirt on underneath then you're golden.

The booking is only because the sponsor isn't being shown, so if there was another shirt on underneath then you're golden.

Really? How fucking grim is that?

That'd definitely be my celebration of choice if I was player then.

Holy shit, is that really the reason?

If that's the case I'm surprised we've not seen crudely made Sharpie vests like:

Wonga

GOD HELPS ME SCORE GOALS

I've also heard that it's because of the sponsors thing. If players take their shirt off the sponsors won't be shown in te celebrations on telly or in the photos that end up in the newspapers.

Might be both this and the offensive messages combined.

Yeah, I'm sure I heard on a podcast the reason was due to broadcasting in countries that bare flesh might be offensive. Not entirely sure tho

"THEY LYK OWA BENEFITS BUT THEY DNT LYK OWA BEAR SKIN!!11"

Seems all are applicable - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3083490.stm

I thought it had come solely from that Forlan thing personally.

I was always of the understanding that the issue of the sponsors was the driving reason behind the change. Makes sense since it involves money. Don't think they give a toss about exposing bare skin to offended cultures.

Yeah, I'm sure I heard on a podcast the reason was due to broadcasting in countries that bare flesh might be offensive. Not entirely sure tho

Surprised Farage hasn't picked up on this for his election campaign, yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So with them being a london club, getting a brand new stadium, having ambitious owners, and with a plethora of new sponsors chasing them, just how competitive will west ham be in the coming years ?

Daft questions thread, not tell the future thread

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zicomartin

Does the new offside rule now allow 'offside' players to block (see Cambiasso today, goal 2) defenders from potential offside positions?

I dont get it. Isn't that interference?

what is the meaning of the phrases 'on the bounce' & 'on the spin' do they mean 'since the last win' or something else? 

It means "in a row".  8 losses on the bounce/spin is 8 consecutive losses.