Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

I'm youtubing, what would everyone say is Messi's single best match?

2011 CL final. Only got one goal but he ran the show completely. Dat goal celebration too.

Dani Alves's bit "Yeah I'm going to kick that microphone as well!" always makes me chuckle

Has there been a penalty awarded at St James' this season, either for us or the opposition? Can't remember a single one.

I think the only pen we have been awarded was at Old Trafford and Cisse buried it top corner.

Has there been a penalty awarded at St James' this season, either for us or the opposition? Can't remember a single one.

There haven't been any pens at all at sjp. Indicative of both our lack of ability to get the ball in the opposition box and lack of determination to prevent the opposition walking it in at the other end.

There haven't been any pens at all at sjp. Indicative of both our lack of ability to get the ball in the opposition box and lack of determination to prevent the opposition walking it in at the other end.

Must be pretty rare to go a whole season without a single penalty awarded at a ground?

Must be pretty rare to go a whole season without a single penalty awarded at a ground?

Well, now we can guarantee we'll concede one which will be scored to send us down. :lol:

Well, now we can guarantee we'll concede one which will be scored to send us down. :lol:

Absolutely, thank me later.

• 1 month later...

Why do Suriname, Guyana, and French Guiana not compete at Copa America? I know for a fact the first two are independent countries (and are therefore full FIFA members). French Guiana is an overseas territory, IIRC, but so is Tahiti which competed in Confed Cup. Surely it would be better and more in the spirit of the competition to include true South American sides instead of inviting one of the numerous Spanish-speaking North American countries or the likes of US, Jamaica, and even Japan to send reserve squads?

Why do Suriname, Guyana, and French Guiana not compete at Copa America? I know for a fact the first two are independent countries (and are therefore full FIFA members). French Guiana is an overseas territory, IIRC, but so is Tahiti which competed in Confed Cup. Surely it would be better and more in the spirit of the competition to include true South American sides instead of inviting one of the numerous Spanish-speaking North American countries or the likes of US, Jamaica, and even Japan to send reserve squads?

Because all three are members of CONCACAF rather than CONMEBOL.

In women's football, do the players shout ' Woman on ' instead of ' Man on ' ?

Not that I've heard. Even my daughter's U11 team it's "man on" or often just "on." Omitting the extra syllable(s) saves time, most likely.

• 1 month later...

Bit of a strange one but how noticeable is the slope on the pitch at SJP in terms of does it feel like you're running up hill one way and down the other or is the gradient not that bad?

You notice it visually more than you do physically. Only played on it the one and TBH I didn't do much running it was that hot :lol:

So with this in mind then, do you think there is a correlation between results and the games that we have played uphill second half? It must be a lot more draining towards the end of a game attacking up hill?

Also, given the additional forces that sprinting (assuming our players do this from time to time) up and down hills exerts on the body, could this in theory be a viable reason behind the large number of muscular/joint injuries that our players tend to suffer?

It's not that big a gradient, man. :lol:

It's probably due to the surfaces they're training on most days or the training methods that were employed by our former "coaches".