Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

3 hours ago, Nobody said:

What is the point of the "technical area" for the managers? 

A guideline for where Arteta and Klopp aren't allowed to stand during a match. Poor souls have to cramp themselves against the touchline right next to the players for 90+ minutes while the 4th official laughs at them. Oh the humanity.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain Chris Wood to me? I really liked him in the early years of his career. When he came to us I thought he was past it, he then ended up looking completely finished when he played for us in terms of striking ability and physicality. He goes to Forest and looks far more mobile, has a great finish on him and better movement. What’s going on?

• 2 months later...

Aside from our own I’ve always liked Blackburn’s. Off the top of my head Carlisle (if it’s still the old one that’s similar to ours) and Sheff Utd too.

Fulham and Stoke the worst, without seeing them all. 

Love the old fashioned crests that are similar to coat of arms, which may come from a slightly biased view. 

Shout out to the Shrewsbury Town lion, which has just watched you take the last you take the last good one in a box of Quality Street, leaving only the coconut ones left.  

7 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Honestly, right now I think it's Spurs's. I don't like the minimalist badges but I like that one a lot.

Yeah. I sometimes feel like I like minimalist ones as when Arsenal have the cannon on its own, then I see a coat of arms one that I like or a perfectly balanced one like Blackburn.

Ultimately I think I just like them when they’re really distinctive and clearly associated with a certain club, and the shape is important. Arsenal putting the cannon in a shield lessens it for me. Same if Blackburn lost the circle round the rose. If Norwich just had the canary without the classic shield shape it wouldn’t feel right to me. Man U having the two hotdogs at top and bottom, Chelsea having a circle round the dragon etc.

Posted (edited)

Had a little look at some club badges and found Barrow AFC:

It's got a nuclear submarine on it, a Richard Osman's House of Games clue (bottom left), and an old-school football.

Love it.

Barrow_AFC_logo.svg - Copy.png

Edited by Checko
Smaller picture

Forest’s is one of the best, was done by a competition winner no less

Timeless (done in the 70s) and it’s retained that minimalism that is all the rage these days 

On 01/06/2024 at 09:30, Checko said:

Had a little look at some club badges and found Barrow AFC:

It's got a nuclear submarine on it, a Richard Osman's House of Games clue (bottom left), and an old-school football.

Love it.

Barrow_AFC_logo.svg - Copy.png

Had no idea it was pronounced "Bee Arrow AFC". That's just weird :icon_scratch:

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided that the "Scholes, Gerrard or Lampard?" question that it seems podcasters and Rio Ferdinand are going to ask everyone until the day they die is now the football version of 'does pineapple belong on pizza?' 'Is Die Hard a Christmas film' and in fact even worse than them. So sick of it 

On 12/06/2024 at 19:44, Kid Icarus said:

I've decided that the "Scholes, Gerrard or Lampard?" question that it seems podcasters and Rio Ferdinand are going to ask everyone until the day they die is now the football version of 'does pineapple belong on pizza?' 'Is Die Hard a Christmas film' and in fact even worse than them. So sick of it 

https://time.com/5079487/die-hard-christmas-movie/