Newcastle United v Birmingham City Pre-match thread (07/05/2011 - 3pm KO)

ponsaelius

Lovenkrands really can't start this game. Offers less than nout

Except scoring in the reverse fixture?

Aye, but there are always at least 3 games in between his contributions and its only 2 games since his last goal

Guest palnese

I don't think Ben Arfa will be on the bench tbh. Maybe West Brom?

Ben Arfa won't be anywhere near this game. He'll do well to make the WBA game.

He won't play this season at all, tbh.

:cheesy:

And scoring in the recent comprehensive home win over Wolves

In our last 2 home games we've won 4-1 and drawn with the CL semi finalists.  Why all the pessimism?

Most people have said they expect us to win. ???

I can honestly see another home defeat and a terrible performance if we keep the same starting 11 as today.

I was referring to the likes of this.  Nowt scientific like

What would you play?

I'd play Ireland off the striker, s*** we can't can we.  OK, I'd put Routledge on the wing and move Barton inside, ah, we can't do that either.  Xisco up front then, no, he's in Spain.  Bollocks, we'll have to play the up and coming Kuqi instead.

:cheesy:

Cannot understand the point of bringing Kuqi on with 10 minutes to go when we are 3-0 down.  Surely it would be better to give Phil Airey those 10 minutes to give him some experience.  He is the future not Kuqi.

Just can't see where our goals are going to come from at the moment. Maybe Birmingham's utter shitness will inspire our pop gun strikers into action.

I was referring to the likes of this.  Nowt scientific like

Yesterday we looked like a team who were just seeing out the final games of the season before going on holiday.  The only player who was showing any passion for the game was Jonas and he's unlikely to win us too many games on his own.  Other than Jonas, we had absolutely no creativity and our forwards didn't know what to do with a football.  We'll be playing against a team who are one defeat away from a relegation place so have to fight for the rest of the season.

shola's due a decent performance and a goal or two, just in time for his 'i want to make the number 9 shirt mine at last' interview in the chronicle

Shola played well at home to Wolves only 5 games ago, so i wouldnt expect another decent performance til pre season, ready for the article u predict!