Chelsea vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread (15/05/2011 - 1.30pm, live on Sky)

Anderson

Can't believe we're only an hour from kick-off and there's little interest in this thread. :lol:

Any team news? Quotes from Pardew in the Sunday Sun saying he's considering handing Sammy Ameobi a debut.

Probably problems with his registration and we'll be deducted 12 points

"Sammy will travel with the squad, we are thinking about it. He did fantastic in the game this week. I wasn't there because I was abroad, but the guys gave me a fantastic report and we've got high hopes for him.

He's a little bit different to Shola. He looks the same, but on the football pitch he doesn't. He doesn't have the same attributes. He's got fantastic technical ability and speed as well. We've got high hopes - a lot to learn but there's a potential player there."

- so basically, he might be good and Shola's shit. :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Pardew's description is about right to be honest; lanky, bit of pace, not much strength, has a few tricks and is a lot more comfortable on the ball than Ameobi Shola has ever been.

"Sammy will travel with the squad, we are thinking about it. He did fantastic in the game this week. I wasn't there because I was abroad, but the guys gave me a fantastic report and we've got high hopes for him.

He's a little bit different to Shola. He looks the same, but on the football pitch he doesn't. He doesn't have the same attributes. He's got fantastic technical ability and speed as well. We've got high hopes - a lot to learn but there's a potential player there."

- so basically, he might be good and Shola's s***. :lol:

Harsh :lol:. "He's nothing like his brother...he's actually good"

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

One thing the two Ameobi's do share is the strange lax attitude/work rate. Where as Shola probably isn't really trying, Sammy looks like he isn't trying, but still manages to do something.