Chelsea 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 15/05/11 - post match reaction from page 30

Dave

I thought Coloccini was absolutely brilliant against Torres. Then again, Torres is absolute crap.

I doubt he's had an easier afternoon all season. Torres is shite but Coloccini made sure he made him look a total mug.

wtf is wrong with torres, hes like so fking good yet giving him 1/10 today would be generous

Clearly doesn't give a shit any more.  Thought that was just about getting away from Liverpool for the first half of the season but he's continued it (arguably he's got worse) since moving to Chelsea.  He needs a real challenge to kick start his game but that's not going to happen at Chelsea where he gets paid £175000 per week no matter how poor his performance, he reminds me of Owen for us minus the injury record.

wtf is wrong with torres, hes like so fking good yet giving him 1/10 today would be generous

Clearly doesn't give a s*** any more.  Thought that was just about getting away from Liverpool for the first half of the season but he's continued it (arguably he's got worse) since moving to Chelsea.  He needs a real challenge to kick start his game but that's not going to happen at Chelsea where he gets paid £175000 per week no matter how poor his performance, he reminds me of Owen for us minus the injury record.

Just goes to show the double edged nature of getting these oligarchs in that can obtain anyone...albeit in a very mercenary fashion

Guest BooBoo

Been travelling back from a trip to Nottingham. My bloody phone conked out after 80 mins, so I've been waiting over an hour to find out the score.

Very pleased.

Guest Loven11

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew hailed the display of his young players after the 2-2 draw at Chelsea in the Premier League.

Pardew gave a start to Shane Ferguson and introduced Kazenga LuaLua and Sammy Ameobi after the break as the Magpies stole a point thanks to Steven Taylor's injury-time header.

Newcastle twice came from behind at Stamford Bridge and Taylor's late effort sparked wild celebrations from the travelling Toon Army.

"It was one of the most enjoyable goals I can think of," Pardew said. "When you get a performance and young players entering the field of play, at this club, it gives them a great start.

"They deserved it today. Ferguson, (Kazenga) LuaLua, (Sam) Ameobi who came on, Ryan Taylor playing out of position.

"I was thrilled with some of the younger players' performances. It was a just result."

Pardew shook hands with Didier Drogba before the Ivorian was introduced from the bench, but the Magpies boss insists the powerful forward will not be moving to St James' Park this summer.

He added: "I'm a big fan of Didier's. I don't think I'll entice him to the north east. I think it's a bit cold for Didier at this stage of his career.

"Foreign players come to these shores and some set the example for others to follow.

"He's done that at Chelsea, and he'll probably continue to do that for one or two years still."

Well-deserved

Meanwhile, goalscorer Taylor was similarly delighted with the performance and also praised the youngsters.

"It was a well-deserved draw, it was a great effort," he remarked. "Tackles were flying in, it was a good physical contest but we took the game to them, I think they probably expected us to come here and defend.

"We've got West Brom next week at St James' Park and we want to finish on a high and look forward to next season.

"They've (youngsters) been waiting for their chance and it's great for them to come here to Stamford Bridge and play against the best players in the world."

Thought we played terrifically well today. Fully expected us to get a beasting and even at 2-1 I was fairly happy. But the equaliser was thoroughly deserved.

The only downside is that Mike Ashley will probably think we don't need to sign anyone in the summer now... :(

Thought we played terrifically well today. Fully expected us to get a beasting and even at 2-1 I was fairly happy. But the equaliser was thoroughly deserved.

The only downside is that Mike Ashley will probably think we don't need to sign anyone in the summer now... :(

He's not that stupid

Guest Slarth

He's not that stupid

This is MA we're on about here!

He's not that stupid

Pshhh!

Haven't seen any of this but can't wait for MotD2 tonight. Seriously - with that front 6 and without Tiote - how the hell did we do that? I'm sitting here stunned.

That Chelsea kit is minging, mind.

Guest Geordiesned

Watched the game in the pub and couldn't hear commentary. Watching bits if it back now. How the hell is Ray Wilkins allowed to co-commentate on Chelsea? Biased little fuck nut!

Watched the game in the pub and couldn't hear commentary. Watching bits if it back now. How the hell is Ray Wilkins allowed to co-commentate on Chelsea? Biased little f*** nut!

While we're on the subject. The editing on Sky must have been by a Chelsea fan, the amount of pointless replays shown for Chelsea were astonishing compared to our replays. The Raylor chance just before our 2nd goal springs to mind

Or maybe i'm just paranoid

Watched the game in the pub and couldn't hear commentary. Watching bits if it back now. How the hell is Ray Wilkins allowed to co-commentate on Chelsea? Biased little fuck nut!

Its a bit like when Alan Smith commentates on Arsenal. You can actually hear him wanking furiously in the background in you listen carefully enough.

we were just laughing it was almost comically one sided and arse licky

Guest BooBoo

Even on the brief clips I saw, I noted Wilkins say "we" when referring to Chelsea on at least couple of occasions.

Good performance all round, especially with that team. Shola dropped off in the second half and I thought he should have been subbed instead of Loven, and Simpson was terrifying with his backing off at times, but other than that very very pleased.

Special mention to the toon army as well, embarrassed Chelsea's fans from beginning to end. Hope that came across on TV, because it sounded like we were out singing them seriously at the ground.

Special mention to the toon army as well, embarrassed Chelsea's fans from beginning to end. Hope that came across on TV, because it sounded like we were out singing them seriously at the ground.

Came across quite well on Talksport's commentary.

The change of formation actually seemed to freshen us up a bit. Good, positive management from Pardew.

Ferguson looked a very tidy young player. He barely put a foot wrong. Showed excellent control and awareness of what was going on around him.

Lua Lua looks to have added a bit more bulk and did well. Sammy A got involved right away.

Good performance all round, especially with that team. Shola dropped off in the second half and I thought he should have been subbed instead of Loven, and Simpson was terrifying with his backing off at times, but other than that very very pleased.

Aye, our fans came across superbly on the goggle box.