Sammy Ameobi released

James

He won't sustain his youthfulpace. There was a time when Shola was quicker and had the same unusual style,it won't last in my opinion.

He certainly won't remain a winger in the long term. Eventually someone will see him centrally.

The way someone starts isn't always the way they turn out.

Shola was never anywhere near being quick. Spoke to a scout who was at the Brugge game who said him and a good few others were keeping a close eye on Sammy. Predicated a big future if he is nurtured the right way. Suppose we could all say that, wonder if a 6 month loan somewhere would do him good. The scout was from a PL club.

Shola was always a centre forward too, even when he was stuck out wide.

Sammy is a winger/wide forward in almost every sense of his play. He needs to be working on playing with his head up, his decision making and tactical discpline. He's massively raw and naive at the moment and needs a lot of maturing to do as a footballer. The physical side doesn't seem important compared to these factors.

I think he could turn out to be a target man type. At some point he's going to put the beef on, when that happens his game will slow.

Would love to see him become a real powerhouse goal scorer.

think obertan has put on weight since last season....looks like it has helped him alot. He has not lost his pace. If you do it right it doesn´t have to slow you imo.

I think he could turn out to be a target man type. At some point he's going to put the beef on, when that happens his game will slow.

Would love to see him become a real powerhouse goal scorer.

think obertan has put on weight since last season....looks like it has helped him alot. He has not lost his pace. If you do it right it doesn´t have to slow you imo.

Nope, but you might lose a lot of agility.

Guest Stephen927

Seems to have a good attitude, really hope he is a success here as he seems like a really sound kid. Still a lot of work to be done on him as he's raw, a loan deal would be ideal but I like him getting European experience though hopefully as the competition goes on we start to take it more seriously with the first team.

Shola was never anywhere near being quick. Spoke to a scout who was at the Brugge game who said him and a good few others were keeping a close eye on Sammy. Predicated a big future if he is nurtured the right way. Suppose we could all say that, wonder if a 6 month loan somewhere would do him good. The scout was from a PL club.

Sign Zaha in Jan and give Palace Sammy for the rest of the season as part of the deal.