Sammy Ameobi released

James

So we're all calling him Sameobi right?

Want to see more of this kid on the pitch! Not sure he's ready for an EPL start but he could be great as a super-sub to attack weary defenders with his ridiculous pace. Hell even an Ameobi Double-shot around the 70th minute wouldn't be a bad idea to turn the tide of a close game.

The skill when he nutmegged that defender  :drool:

I always thought he looked clumsy and raw.  Seemed like his skills were down to him tripping over his own legs, but you could see from the slo-mo's last night, he genuinely has a lot of ability. 

Still looks like he has an awkward technique, still seems a bit greedy, but that was a brilliant performance. 

Really impressed by him, got his chance and he certainly took it  :thup:

The skill when he nutmegged that defender  :drool:

I always thought he looked clumsy and raw.  Seemed like his skills were down to him tripping over his own legs, but you could see from the slo-mo's last night, he genuinely has a lot of ability. 

Still looks like he has an awkward technique, still seems a bit greedy, but that was a brilliant performance. 

Really impressed by him, got his chance and he certainly took it  :thup:

Still a lot to learn, but he looked very dangerous especially through the middle. Got quite some pace when in full stride, if he can make better decisions he could be class

He was brilliant for the part he played in creating the goal, wonderful stuff. Otherwise he was frustrating, at times lazy and seems to play with blinkers on half the time- he can be quite selfish. Inconsistent but capable of the odd moment of magic; must be genetic!

This is bollocks tbh. Even without the goal he had been our best player. As for "lazy", hopefully that won't become another nonsense cliche that sticks.

He did seem kinda selfish, trying to force a shot instead of passing the ball, but I don't think that's entirely a bad thing. Just shows he's hungry to make the team imo, and once he starts getting more playing time he won't feel the pressure to make his mark as much and his decision making will improve.

He did seem kinda selfish, trying to force a shot instead of passing the ball, but I don't think that's entirely a bad thing. Just shows he's hungry to make the team imo, and once he starts getting more playing time he won't feel the pressure to make his mark as much and his decision making will improve.

He's the type of player who should be a little bit selfish at this stage of his career. He's still developing and quite clearly he has a lot of skill and pace, if he was to do what happens far too often in this country and try and temper his game, take less people on, try less tricks he'll end up like most of England players - boring and shit. I welcome him trying stuff like that

Guest Howaythetoon

He had a very good game and clearly has talent and potential. I'm liking our current crop of younger players, be they academy players or the foreign kids brought in.

There were times when it looked like he had no choice but to go it alone because not much was going on around him. That applies to young Fergie as well. There's a case for promoting them earlier into the first team so they don't get into the bad habit of trying too much on their own.

I think he could turn out to be a target man type. At some point he's going to put the beef on, when that happens his game will slow.

Would love to see him become a real powerhouse goal scorer.