Sammy Ameobi released

James

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Deserved his place, very naive at times and a little greedy but one of those players who instantly gets you excited when he picks it up.

If he can progress and improve his decision making (big ifs) he could be very good.

Watching slow motion replays of the lead up to the goal.... and

:yikes:

Sublime from the first touch outside our area to the last one that set Obertan up.

Can be a very good option for us in the PL this season. I like him a lot more through the middle than out wide.

When I watched it I was proper pissed off with his weird, wild flicks but then :okay:

Guest neesy111

Deserved his place, very naive at times and a little greedy but one of those players who instantly gets you excited when he picks it up.

If he can progress and improve his decision making (big ifs) he could be very good.

Agree in the greedy part, needs to learn when to pass it like on the goal.

He was brilliant for the part he played in creating the goal, wonderful stuff. Otherwise he was frustrating, at times lazy and seems to play with blinkers on half the time- he can be quite selfish. Inconsistent but capable of the odd moment of magic; must be genetic!

From what I saw, it was a bright, positive performance from the lad. Great skill in the build up/assist to Obertan's goal.

Hope he continues to make the most of his chances. If he plays like he did tonight in future games, then we've got a good talent on our hands.

Brilliant stuff to set up Obertan. It looks even better now I've seen it again. If he learns when to release the ball then he'll be a great player for us. Very frustrating at times though.

I quite like how Pardew doesn't seem to give the fringe players a start at home until they've played away a few times or came off the bench; it's a sort of progression and they're not thrown into a game where the crowd might get restless straight away.

Didn't see the game, but his play for the goal was mint and I'm glad he had a good game. He needed it, he's faded in the last 9 or 10 months because of injury and that.