Sammy Ameobi released

James

For all the plaudits that our transfer policy gets, it's a damning indictment that Sammy and Ferguson are being depended on so heavily at their age because the players who should be playing there have turned out not to be good enough.

moot point but we shouldn't have anyone playing wide left in a middle 4.

For all the plaudits that our transfer policy gets, it's a damning indictment that Sammy and Ferguson are being depended on so heavily at their age because the players who should be playing there have turned out not to be good enough.

That and the fact that players we could've used have been sold without replacement.

Guest Howaythetoon

He shows promise but tries too hard and is clearly inexperienced. This isn't exactly the right kind of environment for promising youngsters right now though. He like a few others needs a good long loan spell to get regular first-team football.

Think he should be taken out of the firing line for a little while if possible, try and protect the lad. Think most would say he probably shouldn't be getting as much game time as he has been in the league.

Guest neesy111

Should be out on loan.

Definitely. Problem is our squad depth is so bad that we really can't send him out any time soon :undecided:

Aye, not enough Purple's the squad. :anguish:

• 2 weeks later...

He's said himself that he's having to deal with a transition. A few weeks ago he was a kid with no expectations placed on him, who was just told to go out and express himself. Now he feels he has to make a consistent contribution like a senior player. In practice, the gap between the two isn't at all distinct, but he looks like a player who's a bit tense and inhibited right now. It seems to have got into his head a bit.

Even so, in the first half, he went past his opponents two or three times, and opened things up. Yes, he gave the ball away a lot but I didn't think he should have been taken off. He needs to work through this phase. It was effectively a meaningless reserve game, and there won't be better opportunities.

Besides, it wasn't as though the change improved us.

His final ball is utterly shite. Sick to death of seeing him get past his man and then waft the ball out for a throw in on the other side.

There's a good player in there somewhere though. That said, he shouldn't be starting games for us, or even being our go-to-guy on the bench. He needs a good 6 months in the Championship or League One and fucking fast.

I reckon he will be a frustrating as fuck player but one who always has the potential for something good to happen.

His technique really does go from the sublime to ridiculous but the goal off Cisse's back is what he is about tbh. Bar from the Scunthorpe (?) goal I really don't see him smashing them in however he is positive/confident/stupid enough to have a go and that sort of play will open up chances.

I reckon he will be a frustrating as f*** player but one who always has the potential for something good to happen.

His technique really does go from the sublime to ridiculous but the goal off Cisse's back is what he is about tbh. Bar from the Scunthorpe (?) goal I really don't see him smashing them in however he is positive/confident/stupid enough to have a go and that sort of play will open up chances.

Aye, you'd want a youngster breaking into the first team to take a chance and express themselves without fear, but he isn't doing that at all at the moment. He looks like he's already lost that carelessness that made him a breeze when he was first eased into the squad. Needs a one or two year loan to a Championship team ideally to become more consistent and able to deal with the pressure that comes with being a professional football player.

Guest hydeous

One of the first I'd send out on loan. Has a lot to learn and he'll only get it with game time. Should not be anywhere close to our first team at the moment.