Sammy Ameobi released

James

Sammy definitely has something about him, and should have been played a lot more this season.

As with everything else relating to the team, I blame our hopeless manager.

He was easily one of our best players in the few games he played this season.

I'm with Cajun here, if he wasn't called Ameobi people wouldn't be slagigng him off so easily.

I'll show my arse in Fenwicks window if he makes it as a regular first teamer.

He's not got the ability, the heart nor the will I'm afraid. Just like his brother that you guys seem to want to forget about.

We'll never know if he's got the ability or not because he's being developed in a toxic environment without any sort of coherent youth development strategy.

It can't be a coincidence that the same clubs tend to produce all the good youth prospects while we consistently produce fuck all. You have to imagine spread of talent is roughly equal across the country, it's a matter of having a system.

According to Pardew, it's because all northerners a "fick" compared to their southern counterparts.

• 2 months later...

He hasn't had many minutes in pre season. Looks like those rumours of the club looking to sell him could be true. Either that or he's injured again. He isn't in the squad for Germany and he didn't play against Sheffield Wednesday.

He's rumoured to actually be going to Sheffield Wednesday. I'd dare say a few Championship clubs maybe interested, Boro probably would be as well.

Needs to play if he's going to develop, same applies to all young players. If he's noen t in the picture here then send him out to a Championship club for a year and reassess things in 12 months time. Ditto Vuckic, Ferguson, Satka, Bigi, Campbell, Armstrong, Good et al. Sitting on the bench and/or playing for the stiffs benefits no-one, it won't bring them on at all. They all need competitive football either here or elsewhere.

If they're not developing then let them go.

Like to loan him out tbh.. But championship is likely his level. Sad really we will be sat here in the same place talking about Aaron's in two years with pardew bigging up the next group of youngsters but never letting them develop. Don't think Aaron's has shown much more than ferguson before he was binned and sent out on loan.

Scandalous he was sat here saying the same thing about Sammy, Campbell, vuckic, ferguson and bigi as he is saying about Armstrong, Aaron's, Satka and Streete. It's like the latter group don't even exist anymore, no mention just replace with more hope and eventual failure.

• 1 month later...

Last time he had a run of games was around January time and he was one of the best players on the park, especially at Norwich iirc. Also provided a rare assist for Papiss Cisse last season, which is a squad novelty. Didn't win the Hull game with five minutes pitch time, though.

Sigh. I know he's just trying to galvanise the player but I literally don't have time for any syllable that falls out of his shitehole mouth.

Wish he'd just leave, man. :( We've got some talented players in the old development squad that I'd love to see not being wasted.

There's a few posters on here who can't evaluate him without prejudice because of his name.

He's very tall and gangly. I've always said i reckon he'll be a late developer. I do think he needs to move away and find his feet and a different club. A smaller one with no Shola links. If he drops a division i reckon he'll be a prem player within a few years.

I read the article in the Chronicle about him and thought it was a bit out of order from Pards. I'm unsure whether Sammy will have what it takes to be a good Premier League player but I don't think his application has ever been in question, he always seems to try his hardest so I don't know what such a public warning is in order. What he needs is games somewhere because I doubt he'll get enough minutes on the pitch to really prove himself. I certainly don't understand what Pardew expects from him in the odd 10 minute cameo months apart.

I still think he has something about him. Whether he'll be able to develop that talent and do it on a regular basis is another question. It is hugely frustrating dribbling into about 4 players while running away from the goal though.  :lol:

How many starts has he had since he had a good game (in my opinion) away to Norwich?

Started the 3 after in the league, that's it.

We didn't score any goals in those 4 games like.

That's a little run. For Pardew that's decent.

You know good managers - they really earmark young lads. They have genuine places in the active squad. Okay Sammy's no Lampard but I remember a clip from 'Arry where he's defending Lampard's ability and claims he'll go a long way in the game. He had genuine belief.

Our coaches don't seem to be able to quantify the potential ability of our young lads. In one moment - out the next. If we are unsure, let them have a year on loan.

Was happy for him to get on Saturday. Played really well in the reserve fixture on the Monday night and earned his cameo appearence, i was thinking he should have started instead of Gouffran. Hopefully he'll start against Palace and continue his decent form.

He's still very unpredictable and hard to judge which way his career will go.