Sammy Ameobi released

James

Not so much young as inexperienced - he only had 67 career starts and it shows.

Hazard has 341.

But does that not prove the point further?

Hazard was getting more games at an even younger age than what Sammy is now.

That has more to do with Hazard being a world class talent. you cant really compare one of our decent squad members from the academy to one of Chelsea's best players and expect them to have played a similar amount of games across their career.

Not really. Even Harry Kane has amassed 130 odd appearances. Andros Townsend a similar total.

If given the right set-up I reckon Daniel Sturridge would already be considered a world class striker. Sure he's had injury problems but he's only managed 200 league appearances and 16 England caps. Muller is the same age and has over 100 more club appearances and 50 more caps.

Years on the bench is killing the potential of English players especially between 17-23.

Ameobi isn't in that bracket of talent but he's suffered from similar problems.

Na. It's decision time with this lad. Either we give him a vote of confidence with a new contract, or we let him go. If we offer him a short contract and tell him we want to loan him out, he'd quite rightly tell us to fuck off. That would be a backward step for him.

I think it'll be best for his career if he goes. Will be really interesting seeing him in Spain though.

Crazy world where two Ameobi's could play at the Nou Camp.

More here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2962305/Newcastle-United-winger-Sammy-Ameobi-talks-shock-join-David-Moyes-British-revolution-Real-Sociedad.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I had a feeling they were going to cock this one up.

:lol: I'd rather keep him but it really wouldn't be a tragedy if he went. It'd only be especially annoying in the sense that it would be yet another squad player lost, and yet another academy product doing very little for the club. But it's not like we'd be throwing away a club hero-to-be.

I can imagine the club probably think Ameobi is an easy contract to tie up - local lad and all that.  But if he is to leave, it is yet another player that needs to be replaced.

I wonder if they are still trying to get rid of Obertan and if Aarons goes, then suddenly we needs wingers again.

This whole thing smacks of indecision. Pardew never seemed to make up his mind about the player, and now that we're effectively without a manager at all, it looks like a weak compromise. We'd like you to stay but we're not sure about you so we're not going to pay you the going rate.

At this rate, he'll go to Sociedad because Moyes is giving him a positive message about being wanted. I can't believe that they're going to pay him more.

I just hope Ashley is a fan and is prepared to intervene.

I can imagine the club probably think Ameobi is an easy contract to tie up - local lad and all that.  But if he is to leave, it is yet another player that needs to be replaced.

I wonder if they are still trying to get rid of Obertan and if Aarons goes, then suddenly we needs wingers again.

Hope they are trying to flog Obertan but doubt it.

Continues to be s very unintelligent footballer.  Very frustrating performance today, he has ability.  Some decent corners and crosses whipped in.

Guest firetotheworks

This whole thing smacks of indecision. Pardew never seemed to make up his mind about the player, and now that we're effectively without a manager at all, it looks like a weak compromise. We'd like you to stay but we're not sure about you so we're not going to pay you the going rate.

At this rate, he'll go to Sociedad because Moyes is giving him a positive message about being wanted. I can't believe that they're going to pay him more.

Tbf, you'd be literally the only person who would be remotely bothered. He's still shown barely anything and unless you have some sort of relationship with him in real life, I'm not sure why you're so bothered about him.

Tbf, you'd be literally the only person who would be remotely bothered. He's still shown barely anything and unless you have some sort of relationship with him in real life, I'm not sure why you're so bothered about him.

Moyes seems to be bothered, and his record isn't too shabby.