Sammy Ameobi released

James

Was ok in the first half yesterday especially as he was on the end of some rough treatment however started and continued to be anonymous second half, should have been off rather than Cabella.

Agree. Disappeared after the break.

We had nothing down the left second half, Haidara hardly got forward either.

The amount of stupid free kicks he gives away in dangerous areas is also very  concerning. Don't think he is or ever will be more than an average payer with the odd bit of good play here and there- unfortunately it sums up a few other also

I thought he was our best player in the first half but one of the worst in the second. It was absolutely baffling how he wasn't taken off instead of Cabella. Even if he was desperate to throw Obertan on at least stick Cabella on the left, Sammy was knackered.

I'm not sure why he seems to get such a hard time from some of the fans.

I honestly belive that it's simply due to his surname with some of the 'haters'.

I thought he was our best player in the first half but one of the worst in the second. It was absolutely baffling how he wasn't taken off instead of Cabella. Even if he was desperate to throw Obertan on at least stick Cabella on the left, Sammy was knackered.

I honestly belive that it's simply due to his surname with some of the 'haters'.

Nope just don't think he's anything special - don't hate him at all and I would love him to be a really good player but at the end of the day he isn't

Guest antz1uk

As long as it's not a huge 5/6 year contract then I'm happy for him to have one

yup

you both on about Sameobi or AArons?

also love the way it sounds like it's coming out of your own pockets  :lol:

Nope just don't think he's anything special - don't hate him at all and I would love him to be a really good player but at the end of the day he isn't

I think he's shite... Of course from time to time he does something exceptional...but only to loose the ball for the next 2-3 stepovers. He doesn't seem to have any footballing brain.

I think he's s****... Of course from time to time he does something exceptional...but only to loose the ball for the next 2-3 stepovers. He doesn't seem to have any footballing brain.

On the other side I don't think anyone will improve under Carver

I'd still keep him because he has some good attributes and has had some good games.

That said, he's very inconsistent. Very good at Hull and then absolutely fucking dire against Stoke, to the point where he was fucking up simple touches and six yard passes.

Guest John Carvery

http://i.imgur.com/sTvKKLN.jpg

What a s*** team that would be. :lol:

Seamus Coleman and Mee as full backs  :lol:

They should have thrown in S. Taylor and M. Williamson to aid the defence

Same Ameobi motivation problem. I swear the best I saw shola was under kinnear. Never seen him actually busting a gut all over the pitch.

Like shola, plenty of potential, a good coach will do wonders but essentially sammy is only really going to reach his potential if Sammy lets himself.

He's started 16 Premier League games in his entire career.  This season, he's started 10 games and scored 2 goals and got 2 assists.  He easily has enough potential to be given another deal.

I agree - his stats are decent enough for a young winger and I think he's been showing signs of progress this season too.