Sammy Ameobi released

James

Came out of nowhere this lad. Really excited to see what he's like in a couple years time when he's filled out physically and got some experience under his belt. I reckon a half season loan to a CCC club starting now would do him the world of good. Then he can come back, and apply himself.

Legend already  :smitten:

If the club do that and not sure we should as think we will need him this season then we should send him to Chris at Brum be great experience for the lad.

If we're not gonna loan him the lad needs to start getting some game time in the first team off the bench.  It's not like we're gonna be kicking ourselves and wondering if we'd have put away a chance if any of our other upfront rabble were on the pitch at the time instead.

Just thinking, how good would it had been if Carroll was still here and the potential for Sammy just off him . Oh well , i'll have to make do with watching them together for England.

You might have a long wait then, he plays for Nigera!

Just thinking, how good would it had been if Carroll was still here and the potential for Sammy just off him . Oh well , i'll have to make do with watching them together for England.

You might have a long wait then, he plays for Nigera!

He'll prefer England over Nigeria man.

Never understood how experience is valued so much more than youth in the professional game. The advantages of experience are important, but so are the advantages of being young, enthusiastic and fearless.

Every team should do much better to get the mix right IMO.

Never understood how experience is valued so much more than youth in the professional game. The advantages of experience are important, but so are the advantages of being young, enthusiastic and fearless.

Absolutely agree, always thought this. I think managers think that if they put a youngster in and they fuck up then a lot of pressure will be on them as a manager, also, the player that was replaced is going to be raging in this scenario. However the paradox is, if the experienced guy made the same mistake as the youngster (like we've seen Smith do over and over) he doesn't singled out as being naive and such like. It's such a cop out and weak for managers to rely on senior players simply because they've done it before. Who cares if you've played over 200 PL games if you were redundant in half of them

Fact is, if you're a better player or look odds on to be a better player, you should be on the pitch at least getting close to thirty mins a game.

Absolutely agree, always thought this. I think managers think that if they put a youngster in and they fuck up then a lot of pressure will be on them as a manager, also, the player that was replaced is going to be raging in this scenario. However the paradox is, if the experienced guy made the same mistake as the youngster (like we've seen Smith do over and over) he doesn't singled out as being naive and such like. It's such a cop out and weak for managers to rely on senior players simply because they've done it before. Who cares if you've played over 200 PL games if you were redundant in half of them

Fact is, if you're a better player or look odds on to be a better player, you should be on the pitch at least getting close to thirty mins a game.

It's the one thing that irritates me the most about football managers TBH, their insistence on always picking the experienced names.

I would like to see one experienced CB alongside a young and promising one, a good experienced spine in midfield and attack but mixed with 3 or 4 proper youngsters who have ability and enthusiasm.

I know the pressure is on managers though, and they're reluctant to take what might be seen as risks.

Man Utd are probably the best example (English example anyway) for this. Ferguson tends to get the right balance of youth and experience and if he thinks he has a youth player that's good enough he isn't afraid to play them in the league.