Sammy Ameobi released

James

Played relatively well today.  Obviously still a bit raw (decision making and things of that nature) but the kids definitely got talent and I am glad we get to see him develop on the pitch at SJP and not just waste away in the reserves.  Really seems like he's taking his chance to the fullest.

Played relatively well today.  Obviously still a bit raw (decision making and things of that nature) but the kids definitely got talent and I am glad we get to see him develop on the pitch at SJP and not just waste away in the reserves.  Really seems like he's taking his chance to the fullest.

Raw is definitley the right word. Give him the ball and ask him to run and he will do it all day long, but i was worried about him when we were in our own half. The next year or two we just need to ease him, 20 minutes here and there. Certainly potential.

Thought he did ok when came on. Grew into it and by the end was causing all sorts of problems on our left side. Has a lot of pace and if we can release the ball through for him, he will push teams back. Good option to have when we need to stretch games. Appears to be part of pardews plan with players like Obertan, using pace as best we can

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/11/05/nicolas-anelka-will-be-offered-a-route-of-the-chelsea-in-january-by-qpr-102039-23541098/

NICOLAS ANELKA will be offered a route out of Chelsea by QPR in January.

Stamford Bridge boss Andre Villas-Boas is plotting a shock move for Newcastle youngster Sammy Ameobi, and French forward Anelka has not yet been offered a new contract at Stamford Bridge.

If he is going to play on the wing he is going to have to put some work in on his defensive side. Very naive and easily beaten going towards his own goal.

Loved his direct style going forward though, great to a young lad playing without fear.