Sam Allardyce

Ritchie

I think there will be a relegation hangover type thing going on at West Ham for the first few months. Unstable club with fans already p*ssed off with the players.

You just described how quite a few people felt about this club 2 years ago. :lol:

Yip. But people didn't reckon on Leyton Orient and the birth of 'this group of lads'

Guest neesy111

Should get someone proven of getting teams up after relegation.  Chris Hughton is that man.

Irrespective of their style of play though, they'll be by far the biggest, most prestigious club in that league. So you'd expect they'll still have the best players.

Don't think they're a bigger club than Leeds, like.

Guest neesy111

Irrespective of their style of play though, they'll be by far the biggest, most prestigious club in that league. So you'd expect they'll still have the best players.

Until you live in London, you don't realise what a massive club West Ham are.  Just about the whole East End of London supports them with quite a bit of Essex.

Certainly better supported in London than Chelsea imo.

Until you live in London, you don't realise what a massive club West Ham are.  Just about the whole East End of London supports them with quite a bit of Essex.

Certainly better supported in London than Chelsea imo.

I'd agree.  Me mam is/was a hammer and is from Stepney.  They're heavily supported in east London, and also south-east London which in theory should be Charlton and Millwall.  Been to Colchester and Southend in Essex, and seen tons of West Ham shirts rather than the smaller clubs.

Their fans still do like to dwell on 'we won the World Cup', like.

There's a lot of people saying he'll take them straight back up but I'm not so sure. I don't think his tactics would win a league. They're decent "underdog" tactics which work in the lower half of the PL but now he needs to go on the offensive and win matches and, as we found out, he's not so great at that.

Would be a nice ego deflater if they stayed down next year.

Birmingham play that sort of game and usually manage to yo-yo themselves back up dont they? Difficult one because I like WHAM but hate Allardyce.

Birmingham have a solid group of players and in particular defenders and are set up to try and win 1-0 then bore everyone to death. West Ham are about as unstable as you can get at the back.

I think there will be a relegation hangover type thing going on at West Ham for the first few months. Unstable club with fans already pissed off with the players.

You just described how quite a few people felt about this club 2 years ago. :lol:

Absolutely. We were a shambles on and off the park when we went down 2 years ago. I didn't blame anyone for thinking that at the time. Hughton did a superb job in bouncing us back up first time but I'm not sure if West Ham will do the same. The potential is there but it could just as easily go tits up for them.

Huge season for them.

The fact that an East London club are heavily supported in East London does not make them a massive club.

And Essex ... like someone else said, even 30-40 miles into Essex, in places like Southend and Colchester there are a lot of West Ham supporters. Where I live, in Chelmsford I would say West Ham are the most supported club. There is a fair amount of West Ham fans in Kent, Surrey and Hertfordshire as well. Definitely not just an East London club.

The fact that an East London club are heavily supported in East London does not make them a massive club.

Correct. it just makes them even more detestable...if that's possible.

I think there will be a relegation hangover type thing going on at West Ham for the first few months. Unstable club with fans already p*ssed off with the players.

Absolutely. We were a shambles on and off the park when we went down 2 years ago. I didn't blame anyone for thinking that at the time. Hughton did a superb job in bouncing us back up first time but I'm not sure if West Ham will do the same. The potential is there but it could just as easily go tits up for them.

Huge season for them.

You got relegated with a much better squad, in my opinion. Won't be easy for Wham.

Wham have a good young core at championship level, it's the older mercenary dross picked to play before them that took them down and they'll no doubt be off. Keep ahold of them fill in the holes and they'll be straight back up.

Wham have a good young core at championship level, it's the older mercenary dross picked to play before them that took them down and they'll no doubt be off. Keep ahold of them fill in the holes and they'll be straight back up.

I think the difference is though that we actually somehow managed to keep Colo, Jose and Jonas, and had an excellent leader in Nolan. Plus that 6-2 defeat to Leyton Orient which has to go down as one of the best results in our history.

Guest bimpy474

I think the difference is though that we actually somehow managed to keep Colo, Jose and Jonas, and had an excellent leader in Nolan. Plus that 6-2 defeat to Leyton Orient which has to go down as one of the best results in our history.

6-1 mate, first game i took my boy to, i waffled all the way home that it was about fitness and not the result, he walked in and just told his Mum we were crap.......:D