This season as a whole

Stifler

It's been great, take away todays disappointment it's been great.

We have beaten teams 6-0, 5-0, and of course we have beaten Sunderland 5-1, and if they think finishing 1 point above us thanks to a last minute goal compared to a 6-1 AGG score over the season makes them the north east top dogs then let them believe that. Not only that but we have beaten teams like Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and gained points out of other top teams. We were also involved in the biggest Premiership comeback ever, and we ran teams like Spurs close and were unlucky not to get points against Man City.

Yes we have had our low moments like the last half an hour of today, but as a whole we done what we had to achieve (survival), and a little bit more, and we have had some great moments and great games.

This season as a whole, it's been brilliant.

Far outstripped expectations overall, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's been brilliant. Typical mid-table team season really, some cracking wins, some wank defeats.

The summer will tell us if we're content to be a mid-table club or not.

Far outstripped expectations overall, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's been brilliant. Typical mid-table team season really, some cracking wins, some wank defeats.

The positives far outweigh the negatives.

We've had some great times this season, but take away two wins and we would've been featured players today in Survival Sunday.  We would've stayed up on goal difference.

The main goal for me this season was to stay up, which we did, but I don't want to flatter ourselves like we had an amazing season.  We had a typical Newcastle season - lots of highs and lots of lows.  Let's hope that we can finally get some stability in our side and move on from here.

Considering expectations, it's been a good season overall with the usual ups and downs. Today's game was quite symbolistic for how most of the season panned out actually:  expectation-inflating moments followed by the standard gut punches.

Despite the lows, I've enjoyed watching it all pan-out far more than any other season since SBR left though.

Guest Stephen927

Annoying we couldn't finish in the top 10 cos we threw away a 3 goal lead, but we stayed up so job done there. It all means nothing if the next transfer window is wasted mind.

Massive rollercoaster for me. Thought we would fly high after Villa, then dwindled, then spirits high .again after the 5-1. Rubbish winter period followed by another period of optimism. And then a decent finish. Nee good for the ticker

Guest toonlass

I'm happy with where we ended up in the league. In fact I still stand by what many said pre-season, I would have been happy with 17th. We've had the usual shite moments, 5-1 at Bolton for example, but the 6-0 v Villa, 5-0 v West Ham, 3-1 v Liverpool, beating Chelsea in the league cup, THAT Arsenal game, the 1-0 at the Emirates and the 5-1 against the scum were fantastic!

There's been some great times for sure. Things are looking up. Ever since Sir Bob's departure we've been struggling to put a positive face on the future, but I think we can start doing that now.