Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Not the right thread, but glad Kadar is at least getting reserve games and hasn't completely disappeared

Somethings happened here like, he must have had a falling out with someone. If you asked me what our defence was missing at the moment I would have said a left footed player, cover at left back, and someone more comfortable on the ball than Williamson is to challenge him for 3rd centre back.

In other words exactly the player I thought Kadar would be by now. Think hes about 21 now and in the last year of his deal, this was a make or break season and hes not even got a squad number.

I ve seen enough of him in the championship to strongly suspect hes a better player than Perch but for whatever reason he is looking like a write-off.

This season, Mehdi Abeid has agreed to write a regular blog exclusively for nufc.co.uk. He'll detail how he's settling in with his new environment after moving to Tyneside from Lens last summer, and in his first installment he touches upon his first two goals for the club and his international future...

I was really happy to score my first goals for Newcastle in the friendly at York this week.

Since joining the club in the summer, I hadn't scored but on Wednesday I got two which was a great feeling.

But I don't want to stop there. I want to score again now and I hope to get another one when we play Liverpool at home next week!

It has been a busy few days as I have been away with the Algeria under-23 squad.

Although I was born in France, my parents are Algerian and while I have played for France at youth level, I'm eligible for either country and they both mean a lot to me.

It was a very good experience. We played a friendly game last Wednesday and another on Saturday, and I learnt a lot.

We played well in both matches. The standard was high and there were some very good players, so I think it will help me.

It's good to go away with the national team for a change of scenery. I saw a lot of good things, so the whole thing was very good for me.

But I still do not know who I would like to represent at full international level if the chance came around.

At this stage, it's just for the young team so I could still go with France or Algeria.

Eventually I will have to make a decision, I hope, but at the moment I have not made a choice. I will do that later.

I have time - I'm only 19 years old - so for now I just want to learn with my club. That's the most important thing for now and I will make a choice at international level later.

I've been at Newcastle for about six months now and I'm really happy here. I'm really enjoying it.

I feel good. I'm enjoying my football, I'm enjoying my time here and I'll keep working hard to one day get my chance with the first-team.

I made my debut against Nottingham Forest last month and I really hope to have more time with the first-team in the future.

That's what I want and that's the challenge for me now. I want to play with the first-team this season if possible, but certainly in years to come.

But I hope to do well in every game, whether it's with the Reserves or the first-team.

It was good to come back this week and play in a good game against a good team in York, and win.

It's great that we continue to win and win at very level, and we can have a great season, I hope.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/News/Blogs/AbeidWithMe/0,,10278~2480071,00.html

This season, Mehdi Abeid has agreed to write a regular blog exclusively for nufc.co.uk. He'll detail how he's settling in with his new environment after moving to Tyneside from Lens last summer, and in his first installment he touches upon his first two goals for the club and his international future...

I was really happy to score my first goals for Newcastle in the friendly at York this week.

Since joining the club in the summer, I hadn't scored but on Wednesday I got two which was a great feeling.

But I don't want to stop there. I want to score again now and I hope to get another one when we play Liverpool at home next week!

It has been a busy few days as I have been away with the Algeria under-23 squad.

Although I was born in France, my parents are Algerian and while I have played for France at youth level, I'm eligible for either country and they both mean a lot to me.

It was a very good experience. We played a friendly game last Wednesday and another on Saturday, and I learnt a lot.

We played well in both matches. The standard was high and there were some very good players, so I think it will help me.

It's good to go away with the national team for a change of scenery. I saw a lot of good things, so the whole thing was very good for me.

But I still do not know who I would like to represent at full international level if the chance came around.

At this stage, it's just for the young team so I could still go with France or Algeria.

Eventually I will have to make a decision, I hope, but at the moment I have not made a choice. I will do that later.

I have time - I'm only 19 years old - so for now I just want to learn with my club. That's the most important thing for now and I will make a choice at international level later.

I've been at Newcastle for about six months now and I'm really happy here. I'm really enjoying it.

I feel good. I'm enjoying my football, I'm enjoying my time here and I'll keep working hard to one day get my chance with the first-team.

I made my debut against Nottingham Forest last month and I really hope to have more time with the first-team in the future.

That's what I want and that's the challenge for me now. I want to play with the first-team this season if possible, but certainly in years to come.

But I hope to do well in every game, whether it's with the Reserves or the first-team.

It was good to come back this week and play in a good game against a good team in York, and win.

It's great that we continue to win and win at very level, and we can have a great season, I hope.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/News/Blogs/AbeidWithMe/0,,10278~2480071,00.html

Does Simpson still do his blog or has he been usurped by Mehdi?

http://www.lebuteur.com/en/actualites/abeid-je-le-dis-encore-une-fois-mon-choix-cest-lalgerie

According to that interview he's declared himself for Algeria.

Three posts up: "But I still do not know who I would like to represent at full international level if the chance came around." :lol:

He says on lebuteur that it was "a misunderstanding". Abeid wanted to explain that it's the club that counts at the moment and somehow his comments got misinterpreted.

Maybe his written English isn't up to scratch so wrote it in French first? Mistranslation perhaps?

He also says on lebuteur that he was speaking to a journalist so he probably gave an interview to someone at the club in French and got someone to translate for him (but then again, his spoken English seems to be decent enough like!)

I guess it is a case of being lost in translation.