Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

I'd be more than Happy with Vuckic or Abeid starting.

Not sure id start with two unproven kids who have looked ok at best.

Ok at best? Abeid has looked more than competent in the games he's played and has been good in the reserves too

Guest mimifrench

http://www.footmercato.net/premier-league/entretien-avec-mehdi-abeid-hatem-ben-arfa-a-quelque-chose-en-plus-photo-mise_76764

Mehdi Abeid : "Ben arfa has something more..."

He said in that interview he's very happy to be in your team.

He hopes to have a chance to play with the first team in the future. Pardew relies on him, he said.

He pointed out the fact there is a very good team spirit and other French players have helped him to settle quickly.

Moreover, there are very good players in the team so he's not that surprised by this almost "perfect"/impressive start of the season.

Finally , he hopes to settle too in the Algerian team ad impose himself there.

PS : the picture of him on the link is quite...  :lol:

Mehdi Abeid poised to make Newcastle debut

NEWCASTLE United starlet Mehdi Abeid admits he is poised to make his Premier League debut ahead of this Saturday’s battle with Swansea City.

Toon boss Alan Pardew is sweating on Cheick Tiote’s fitness as the Ivorian looks to bounce back from a knee injury, but after several aborted comebacks the Londoner must keep his options open – especially with Dan Gosling banned for the next three games and Danny Guthrie ruled out with an ankle problem.

Therefore Abeid could find himself on standby this weekend.

Abeid – who was subbed at half-time yesterday in the reserves with a view to Saturday – is understood to be in the frame to face the Swans and Pardew has been impressed with the battling teenager’s attributes since signing for the club after quickly elevating his status from reserve to first-team squad player last July.

Abeid – who shone in his only first-team appearance so far at Nottingham Forest in the Carling Cup – is understandably keen to grab his chance on the top flight stage.

The 19-year-old told the Chronicle: “I hope my chance comes soon - I really want to play for this team.

“I’ll wait for my chance, and when I get it, I hope to do well and show what I can do.

“I hope to do a lot for this club.”

Abeid has not long returned from international duty with Algeria Under-23s after taking part in the Olympic qualifiers.

And he underlined his keenness to impress following some impressive training sessions under the watchful eye of Pardew and John Carver.

He said: “I train every day here to get a chance with the first team.

“Every day I try to show what I can do, and what I can give to the team in the future.

“I’m really happy to work with everyone here.

Carver and first-team coach Steve Stone both braved the freezing conditions at the club’s Benton base yesterday to overlook Abeid’s progress.

And Abeid showed some fine touches in the first half of the 1-1 draw with Wanderers also coming close with a fizzing effort that flew millimetres wide.

Reflecting on his first run-out since coming back from Algerian duty, Abeid said: “It was very difficult – it was very cold, with a lot of wind and rain, but I think we did well.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/12/14/mehdi-abeid-poised-to-make-newcastle-debut-72703-29949932/#ixzz1gWBlrAJu

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/News/Blogs/AbeidWithMe/0,,10278~2551438,00.html

I felt warmer on Saturday when I was named on the bench for the first time in a Barclays Premier League match, against Swansea. It was a very big moment for me.

The manager told me in midweek to be ready if Cheick Tiote had a problem, but Cheick was back so I understood why I did not start. But I was very happy to be on the bench and to see the game, and I learnt from the team because I watched.

Looking on from the sidelines, you realise how hard it is and how quick the game was.

Yohan Cabaye got a yellow card, his fifth of the season, so he will miss the next game against West Brom, so somebody will need to come in for him.

I don't know if it will be me or not, but I'll concentrate hard on my training and on my football and if I'm in the team on Wednesday, that would be fantastic.

But I'll just train the best I can, and that's the most important thing.

:thup:

Good words from Mehdi there :thup:

Would like to see him against WBA but think we'll see Vuckic at CM. Can't see Pardew starting two DMs at home (if Abeid is considered that as a player that is which seems to be the case).

• 3 weeks later...

Played well today I thought. Passed the ball decent enough, good strength/hold up play in the middle. Promising (and on his home debut too).

He did have one moment where he should have passed instead of shoot - though that's down to inexperience more than anything.

Think he should start against QPR if Guthrie doesn't make it.