Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Maybe they actually have more confidence in Abeid making it so think it's better for him to get more games under his belt rather than be bit part for another season.

Would love more of our youngsters to go out on loan and get experience.

I doubt he's dropped down the pecking order because they have more confidence in him making it.

Pretty sure I've read him quoted on a couple of occasions that he expects to be breaking into the first team squad. Nothing wrong with that in terms of ambition of course, but perhaps he's got ahead of himself a little - hence Pardew wanting to loan him out - and he's a bit pissed off.

Just saw the latest quotes from Pardew about Abeid... well got to say, this is a peculiar one. You have to wonder what's happened that's changed the management's mind about Abeid (especially between the period of that promising performance against Blackburn in the FA Cup to now). Attitude problems? Ability issues?

A loan would do him a lot of good, it's done Tavernier a load of good so can see the same happening with Abeid.

Maybe they actually have more confidence in Abeid making it so think it's better for him to get more games under his belt rather than be bit part for another season.

Would love more of our youngsters to go out on loan and get experience.

I doubt he's dropped down the pecking order because they have more confidence in him making it.

I meant we have more faith in this lad making it so would rather get him games to progress and leave less promising players here to fill in on the odd occasions we need them.

• 1 month later...

In our business park's 5-a-side league, my team took a 7-1 hammering recently. Just found out that 'the class left footed kid' playig for Cisco was Walid Abeid.

Makes me playing alongside Mickey Cross and John Egan from the Terriers at Longhirst on a Thursday night back in the day, look a bit shite lol

• 1 month later...

be interesting to see what type of teams our players get loaned out to in january.

if its to teams that tries to play football that will tell you Pardew has plans down the road for our future.  If the players goes to kick and rush teams then that will just cement what we thought of him all along.

• 1 month later...

:laugh:

I'm talking about training facilities, stadium, league standard, etc.

Was worried Abeid was enjoying the good life here a bit too much when there were rumours of him rejecting loan moves last season.

:laugh:

I'm talking about training facilities, stadium, league standard, etc.

Was worried Abeid was enjoying the good life here a bit too much when there were rumours of him rejecting loan moves last season.

True enough :) Perth'll be good for him. Not really a youngster area, very chilled beautiful place. Should be able to fully concentrate on hard training and getting games.