Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

• 2 weeks later...

Fair play to Ambrose.

Not sure if Abeid has a future here but at least he's made a name for himself over there. Plenty clubs from all over the world will now be aware of him also.

Mehdi Abeid played for the first 60 minutes of Panathinaikos' 3-1 home win over Apollon Smimis.

Former Newcastle midfielder Darren Ambrose scored the visitors' consolation goal.

6 in 9 for Ambrose over there. :lol:

I think that says all we need to know about the standard of the Greek league and he's playing for a team I've never heard of, not one of the biggest clubs in the country.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bimpy474

Another player Pardew doesn't rate, kid deserves a chance with the way he's been playing on loan (ok in a poor league). He won't get that chance if fuckbrain is still here though.

Another player Pardew doesn't rate, kid deserves a chance with the way he's been playing on loan (ok in a poor league). He won't get that chance if fuckbrain is still here though.

Yaya Toure moved to Barcelona from that poor league  :)

Edit: He ended up at Barca. Spent a year at Monaco. Still. Point stands  :-*

Yaya Toure moved to Barcelona from that poor league  :)

No he didn't

Glad to see him doing well out there. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him over the Summer. He'd probably get in our current central midfield  :lol:

I don't think he'll agree to return. He's probably a better judge of a manager than most at Newcastle.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bimpy474

Given the greek league is over with, I wonder if he could be in contention for the last few games of the season.

Bloody should be, especially with spunkbrain using Gouff in central midfield.