Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

He'll still probably be away at the end of the season. He's exactly what we need right now, someone who wants to prove himself. Would much rather have him in the team over Taylor, Sissoko and Anita. We should be offloading all three of them in the summer, Sissoko purely because he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else other than the NE of England right about now.

He'll still probably be away at the end of the season. He's exactly what we need right now, someone who wants to prove himself. Would much rather have him in the team over Taylor, Sissoko and Anita. We should be offloading all three of them in the summer, Sissoko purely because he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else other than the NE of England right about now.

Wouldn't go that far. But an actual central midfielder playing in midfield would be nice.

The amount of talent we've wasted recently is absolutely criminal.

JUST EMPLOY A MANAGER YOU ABSOLUTE c***s.

It's f***ing ridiculous, they've completely negated any good work done in the transfer market the last few years with this brainless bullshit.

Guest reefatoon

He has recently just sold his house in Great Park too, so looks on the cards that he is off.

The fella played some of the best holding midfield play I've seen since Tiote first joined us for a period of 4-5 games or something and then got hurt and was seemingly punished for it.

The fella played some of the best holding midfield play I've seen since Tiote first joined us for a period of 4-5 games or something and then got hurt and was seemingly punished for it.

Fuck me, just remembered Tiote is still ours.

f*** me, just remembered Tiote is still ours.

Don't worry, he'll not play for us again.

• 1 month later...

He had a few good games last season but even the likes of Williamson and Perch had spells where they were impressive. From what I've seen of him all round, he's nowhere near good enough for us.

I think he's far more effective as a sitting midfielder than Colback. He's quick enough to press the opposition for one thing.

he had a run of about six games where he was really impressive, then he had a few appearances where lame pressing and bad positional play led to some goals.

Glass half full, I would certainly give him a go under a new coaching set up, if he plays as well as we know he can he is a definite upgrade on colback and anita...

He had a few good games last season but even the likes of Williamson and Perch had spells where they were impressive. From what I've seen of him all round, he's nowhere near good enough for us.

I think he'a got loads of potential and we might see him come good if he's handled right and given games. If McClaren is any good then this is one of the players who should benefit from a run of games where he can learn to relax without being blamed for what others do or don't do.

Abeid's run in the side coincided with our best run of the season and probably the best football we played as well last year. I don't think that was a coincidence at all. He's still a bit raw, but a run of games and some premier experience could really see him come on IMO.

:lol: I knew I'd get shot down for that, I've never rated the kid. I don't think he's good enough for us nor will he ever be. It'll definitely be a case of time will tell but I've never seen him do much for us apart from the Liverpool game at home. Also, Perez goals and Sammy Ameobi's sudden surge of good form were the major factors for that winning run IMO.