Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Do think McClaren, Cathro et al will be infinitely better for our younger players than Pardew and his cloggers. Excited at the prospect of Abeid, Aarons, Armstrong and even Sammy developing with some proper coaching.

McClaren does have a history of giving opportunities to youngsters, right?

I wonder what will happen to the 'big' Greek football teams considering their country is up shit creek without a paddle money wise.

AEK Athens already went bust, Panathinaikos spent £200k on fees in the last two seasons, Olympiakos can probably scrape by on European money.

I wonder what will happen to the 'big' Greek football teams considering their country is up s*** creek without a paddle money wise.

AEK Athens already went bust, Panathinaikos spent £200k on fees in the last two seasons, Olympiakos can probably scrape by on European money.

So it's highly unlikely Abeid will be joining any Greek club then. Even if NUFC were willing to let Abeid go for free (no chance) the Greek club wouldn't be able to offer him competitive wages (or any wages with their banks shut and the country about to go bankrupt).

I wonder what will happen to the 'big' Greek football teams considering their country is up s*** creek without a paddle money wise.

One of the Olympiakos players is meant to be bucking Nicole Sherzinger so I'm sure he'll be OK.

But aye, the rest of them are fucked.

Positive that we haven't sold this lad already.

McClaren's probably waiting for the board to analyse in their infinite wisdom that he isn't very good before we ship him off somewhere where he becomes a midfield lynch-pin.

The likes of him, Vuckic, Ferguson and Bigi have all been grossly mismanaged and coached over the last 4 years.  I am not suggesting they were, are or could be decent premiership players but they have never been given the right development IMO, let along opportunities.

Even if the player is in there, it is going to take the new coaching team a while to get the confidence and game craft into them for this level.  If they can with one or two then it confirms everything we know and thought about Pardew et al.

Bigi was one of Pardews biggest crimes. He didnt look out of his depth in the prem at 17/18 and he could have been quality. I never understood why he dissapeared feom the first team after a very promising debut season.

Devoutly religious aye?

Fucking weirdo. Drop.

Do think McClaren, Cathro et al will be infinitely better for our younger players than Pardew and his cloggers. Excited at the prospect of Abeid, Aarons, Armstrong and even Sammy developing with some proper coaching.

McClaren does have a history of giving opportunities to youngsters, right?

I know he did at Boro for definite. They got thumped by Arsenal once but all their team came from a 20 mile radius of the ground.

Bigi was one of Pardews biggest crimes. He didnt look out of his depth in the prem at 17/18 and he could have been quality. I never understood why he dissapeared feom the first team after a very promising debut season.

Because he was shit on the right wing against Benfica.

He only played when we had injuries didn't he? Not sure who in midfield since then that he'd have played ahead of. You see it plenty, random youngster plays 15-20 games then disappears down the leagues. Not saying Bigi couldn't have been a good player, but he was never better than Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Anita, Abeid, and we know Colback was getting dropped for no-one.

He only played when we had injuries didn't he? Not sure who in midfield since then that he'd have played ahead of. You see it plenty, random youngster plays 15-20 games then disappears down the leagues. Not saying Bigi couldn't have been a good player, but he was never better than Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Anita, Abeid, and we know Colback was getting dropped for no-one.

well lets not forget that abeid was discarded and put on the scrapheap by AP before coming back by default and proving he can perform against the better sides in the league

2 years ago there was nothing whatsoever to suggest abeid was the better footballer of the two so i'm personally going to put it down to AP and the club's chronic mismanagement of youth players

Thread's gone a bit off-topic but must say I've always liked Bigi and the stories I've read about him (how he got signed by Coventry originally and when he was training on the beach and ended up invited to a random wedding), but when he's played for us he's taken some absolutely horrendous set-pieces.

Thread's gone a bit off-topic but must say I've always liked Bigi and the stories I've read about him (how he got signed by Coventry originally and when he was training on the beach and ended up invited to a random wedding), but when he's played for us he's taken some absolutely horrendous set-pieces.

Who hasn't in our team?