Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

I know some people will be incredibly sceptical of the source, but La Petite Crêperie (the French owned Crêpe place in Granger Market) tweeted yesterday that Abeid was fully fit and had just been left out.

They are usually absolutely bang on in terms of team sheets in advance, bits of gossip on injuries etc. I assume they are friendly with a few players.

He's marra's with some of the French lads aye. Be a shame if he's on his bike given his low wages / decent back up option.

He's well ahead of the likes of Colback and Tiote for me. I would have him as competition with Anita for who partners Wijnaldum at CM.

This.

Joined up with the squad in America along with Satka. Good news.

He could/should be key to what our midfield look like this season, him anchoring leaves us a lot of options next to and in front of him.

Let's just hope them fews games of good form are just the start

Joined up with the squad in America along with Satka. Good news.

He could/should be key to what our midfield look like this season, him anchoring leaves us a lot of options next to and in front of him.

Let's just hope them fews games of good form are just the start

:thup:

Doesn't hide, demands the ball, physically robust - pretty much what you look for as the deeper midfielder. Obviously he's still raw but he's clearly someone who has benefitted from games previously so there is no reason to think he wouldn't again.

Himself with Sissoko and Wijnaldum slightly ahead is something I'd like to see this season.

Doesn't hide, demands the ball, physically robust - pretty much what you look for as the deeper midfielder. Obviously he's still raw but he's clearly someone who has benefitted from games previously so there is no reason to think he wouldn't again.

Himself with Sissoko and Wijnaldum slightly ahead is something I'd like to see this season.

Absolutely this aye, my first choice by a mile I'd say

I'd play him over Anita and Colback. His little run of games is better than either of them have showed in terms of imposing himself on a game; more than deserves another crack at it. Unlikely though.

Aye. Even if turns out it was an anomaly it's worth a punt. I think part of the problem is he's cheap and has no backing therefore no pressure to play unlike the local wanker or overpriced and unnecessary signing.

Guest Roger Kint

Oh he's gone. Balancing the books will start now.

That makes no sense at all. Balancing the books by selling a cheap squad player on small wages? :lol:

Absolutely this aye, my first choice by a mile I'd say

Me too. Our best run of games were when he was in the side, I just think the lad has real potential which has been blocked by us not giving him enough games. When he plays he seems to be involved all over the pitch, so yes he's going to misplace the odd pass, that's what happens when you're in the game for 90 mins.

That makes no sense at all. Balancing the books by selling a cheap squad player on small wages? :lol:

It's about incoming fees. I wouldn't sell him but I can't imagine there will be many clubs in for Obertan etc

Guest Roger Kint

Balancing the books would hopefully involve selling busted flushes like Gouffran, Obertan, Vuckic, Elliot, Williamson and Riviere.

Exactly

Guest Roger Kint

It's about incoming fees. I wouldn't sell him but I can't imagine there will be many clubs in for Obertan etc

Incoming fees arent worth shit when its pennys compared to getting wages off the books. Abeid is the opposite of balancing the books

That's because despite Pardew and Carver's hard on for them, those players are absolute shit.

Wont happen but i would like to see him start our next friendly!

Nice one Schteve.

He had a few good games last season but even the likes of Williamson and Perch had spells where they were impressive. From what I've seen of him all round, he's nowhere near good enough for us.

Again. He's f***ing godawful.

Wont happen but i would like to see him start our next friendly!

Nice one Schteve.

He had a few good games last season but even the likes of Williamson and Perch had spells where they were impressive. From what I've seen of him all round, he's nowhere near good enough for us.

Again. He's f***ing godawful.

correct me if i'm wrong but he was playing DM in front of a defence containing satka, ferguson, bigi and aarons with gouffran as one of his midfield partners as well :lol:

aye, sell immediately, in fact he can go for nowt and we'll still pay his wages

would have him in the team ahead of colback every day of the week