Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

It's on the daily mail website

News comes out in reliable French Press.

...a day or two passes...

Finally reaches English media as an 'exclusive'

Exclusive is easily the most bastardized word in the English media :lol:

Guest WisconsinMagpie

Interesting that the article says Tottenham's interest in Gameiro has cooled. Wish that was attributed to someone.

Guest hobshobs

Would be great if this was true. Looks like a real talent and so fast. He'd have scored, celebrated and be returning to the centre circle just as Shola was arriving in the box.

Im not sure. Said it before, say it again. He looks alarmingly like a new Guivarc´h. Doesn´t seem to have any stand out abilities. Not sure he can handle the PL.

Don't know why people go on about Guivarch tbh......he only played 4 games, mostly as sub and he scored 1 goal.....still a better record than Mr Alan Smith :lol:

Do you honestly think the mods/admin think "we won't allow videos, nothing to do with protecting the site though, just for shits and giggles really" ? :lol:

They have perfectly genuine concerns and history to back those up.

I really hate the video policy here. Its just stupid. Not any lawbreaking.. Never understood why. Putin style moderating..

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,19161.0.html

Please do not post links of ANY football club or player, this will now result in a ban.  We now all know where we stand. This is for the safety of the site after receiving warnings.

Maybe that clears it up for you.

I have read that.

Their concerns and caring about the safety of the site is great. I just think they are scared off by the wrong reasons. Theres just no way the forum can be shut down because someone posts a link to some other site.. It just doesn´t make sense.

go all in and sign him within a week....then move the chase on to the next super-striker! that should be enough to convince Barton, jose and nolan!

Do you think Nolan is stalling the contract-negotiation coz he is afraid he wont be a regular next season?

I have read that.

Their concerns and caring about the safety of the site is great. I just think they are scared off by the wrong reasons. Theres just no way the forum can be shut down because someone posts a link to some other site.. It just doesn´t make sense.

I know what you mean mate, it always seems crazy to me that YouTube can get away with hosting large amounts of copyrighted material and making advertising money off it while people who just link to it can be threatened with action.

But at the same time this is a brilliant forum and if the people in charge believe this is a step worth taking to protect it then I don't think it's a great loss.

I imagine it would never get to the forum being shut down, but I can see why they don't want to take the risk.

Journal reporting we've made a bid for Gamiero and Gervinho. Not much in the way of solid information, like.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/05/25/newcastle-united-in-10m-bid-for-kevin-gameiro-61634-28758705/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

NEWCASTLE United have stepped up a gear in their summer recruitment drive by submitting an improved £10m offer for Lorient striker Kevin Gameiro.

While Alan Pardew has also personally intervened in the chase for Lille winger Gervinho.

The Magpies hierarchy made a bid for Frenchman Gameiro at the start of the month, but were initially told by the player’s agent that his client had his heart set on a move to Spain.

However, interest from top level La Liga clubs has not materialised so far. That has encouraged United, leading to yesterday’s improved bid.

Newcastle hope the lack of firm interest from elsewhere will lead to their offer for the 24-year-old being accepted by Lorient.

With only one firm bid on the table, the player may decide a move to England is the best option available, leading to a quick deal before rivals can move.

With 48 goals in 103 appearances for Lorient, Gamerio appears to have the sort of goalscoring pedigree Pardew is looking for to fill the gap left by Andy Carroll.

United’s pursuit of Gervinho has been a long one, and while Liverpool and Arsenal are credited with an interest, the fact Newcastle are willing to pay the fee in full up front gives them an advantage on their rivals.

The player is believed to have agreed to meet with Pardew this week, who tried to impress on him the size and scale of the club, as well as their ambition.

The speed with which they are moving is also designed to gain a head star on any rivals, with Pardew keen to land his first summer signing before others have a chance to get their own transfer budgets in order.

The Ivory Coast international can play on either flank, or through the middle, and is an international team-mate of Cheik Tiote, another advantage for United in a competitive market.