Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Villa, Rooney, Van Persie aren't especially tall and they do well as lone striker.  It all comes down to what kind of football we are going to play. Hes definately no Carroll...

Van Persie is nearly 6 foot 3. Yeah, not that tall is he.

Is he 6 foot 3 or not?  Either he is or isn't.  If he's nearly 6 foot 3, the chances are - he is 6 foot 2.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Scott Wilson echo

Also more Gameiro stuff, although his latest comments don't change much. He wants to go to Valencia or PSG, but neither can match #NUFC bid.

Nothing we didn't know tbh

I dont think it is a good thing that he wants to go to Valencia or PSG so much, that he has actually stated in the media that he is going to make us wait.

We have a decent team spirit at the club now, and people who actually seemingly want to play for the club, if someone is going to make us wait 2 weeks whilst they see if other teams come in for them, i dont think that is the best of situations for the club.

Guest Flatline

Valencia I can ( sort of) understand. PSG, no way. I mean, sure, you will get european fotball. But aside from that? You are rotting in a s*** league noone gives two f***s about, hoping that by some miracle you will be spotted by a premier league club who may or may not pull the trigger depending on if they think you can ADAPT to the premier league. The only thing to do for an ambitious fotballer in a french league is get the hell over the channel ( unless you can make it into italy or top3 spanish clubs obv).

But to me, favoring PSG to get some Europa league matches against Steuda Bucuresti seems mental.

Surely it must be better to spend a year or two in newcastle in order to get noticed by the really big clubs, which you will be playing week in week out.

Guest Stephen927

I dont think it is a good thing that he wants to go to Valencia or PSG so much, that he has actually stated in the media that he is going to make us wait.

We have a decent team spirit at the club now, and people who actually seemingly want to play for the club, if someone is going to make us wait 2 weeks whilst they see if other teams come in for them, i dont think that is the best of situations for the club.

The thing is, it depends on the individual. He could come here and still stay professional, or he could come here like Owen did and not show much of an interest for much of his stay.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'll be honest, I'm starting to think stay clear.

This the Owen situation all over again

Pardew and the board havexalways had the stance that new players need to want to be here, so will be interesting to see what they think

The thing is, it depends on the individual. He could come here and still stay professional, or he could come here like Owen did and not show much of an interest for much of his stay.

At his age, and if he has any ambition that would be extremely detrimental to his career.

Surely if he came here and didn't show much interest and flopped because of it his next move would be back to France where he has to start over again.

I understand that he has a first choice and thats a team that can offer European football but it doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good player for us. Obviously he and Gervinho are our top targets, if we fail we move on, should our next targets then say oh well fuck off Newcastle you wanted Gameiro and Gervinho, I'm nobodys 2nd/3rd/4th choice.

I'm looking for a new job at the moment, I've got two applications on the go, I know which one I prefer but if that doesn't work out then fine I would still give the same commitment to the other. We don't personally know Gameiro so there is no saying how he would react if we were his only options.

If we are that bad a move for him in his own mind he will stay and play Champions League football next season putting himself in the shop window for possibly one of the elite teams in Europe.

Either way going on the hype surrounding him and his record this season I'll be happy if he signs for us.

Guest Flatline

We don't personally know Gameiro so there is no saying how he would react if we were his only options.

Well.... here at Newcastle-online, that can be sorted rather hastily... after all, the facebook-add button is just a mouseclick away...

Guest Flatline

and while we are at it, perhaps inquire about the Seal vs the Goat? Curious about which he prefers..

It's not as if every other player we've signed has particularly wanted to play for us (HBA excluded). Pretty much every player out there will hold out for the best possible move. Doesn't mean if he joins us, he won't want to join us. Surely he doesn't have to leave Lorient if he doesn't want to come here.

If he chooses to come here, I'm sure he actually wants to come here.

:thup:

If I played football professionally, I'd want to play for Barca, doesn't mean I'd get to though.

Whats this geezer like on FIFA 11? I havent been on it since PSN crashed

Not bad, I'm manager of PSV and signed him for £10 million to play upfront with Affelay, Affelay is the better player even though their overall rating are pretty much the same. I'm about 5 seasons in and started the game when the game 1st came out, only when PSN went down did I start using the save again. On the basis of FIFA he'd be a very good signing for us :)

Guest Flatline

Whats this geezer like on FIFA 11? I havent been on it since PSN crashed

Not bad, I'm manager of PSV and signed him for £10 million to play upfront with Affelay, Affelay is the better player even though their overall rating are pretty much the same. I'm about 5 seasons in and started the game when the game 1st came out, only when PSN went down did I start using the save again. On the basis of FIFA he'd be a very good signing for us :)

Well thats that then. Fifa has spoken :lol:

I'll be honest, I'm starting to think stay clear.

This the Owen situation all over again

Pardew and the board havexalways had the stance that new players need to want to be here, so will be interesting to see what they think

WE don't want to be messed about for too long but at the moment we are still one of his options. Well worth waiting another week IMO. While I can understand the Owen comparisons I don't think it's the same thing at all. This lad is on the up and wants to make the right move to ignite his career. Owen was a prima donna on the way down who thought we were beneath him.

I really don't think we can say we've been "messed about" quite yet, the transfer window has only been open a couple of days.

Players are bound to have options if they're any good, Ben Arfa situations are going to be rare. At least we're trying to move early, meaning we should have time to pursue other targets if it doesn't work out.

comparing Gameiro to Owen is daft

the only similarity is that we aren't first choice for either of them. but that doesn't mean they'll have the same attitude upon arrival - thats a personal thing. Owen chose to do nothing because he has no guts, but whilst he could afford to be lazy due to his reputation, Gameiro doesn't have one yet. if Gameiro is lazy he has to go back and start again. Owen took a clear step down to join us, whereas we are still a step up from lorient. OK, we're not his beloved valencia, but we're in that direction. and thats why he will give his all at this club. taking his time isn't a bad thing, we're just seeing it as that because we're nervous.

ultimately, Gameiro sees us as a stepping stone, whereas Owen saw us as a retirement home.

Guest Stephen927

comparing Gameiro to Owen is daft

the only similarity is that we aren't first choice for either of them. but that doesn't mean they'll have the same attitude upon arrival - thats a personal thing. Owen chose to do nothing because he has no guts, but whilst he could afford to be lazy due to his reputation, Gameiro doesn't have one yet. if Gameiro is lazy he has to go back and start again. Owen took a clear step down to join us, whereas we are still a step up from lorient. OK, we're not his beloved valencia, but we're in that direction. and thats why he will give his all at this club. taking his time isn't a bad thing, we're just seeing it as that because we're nervous.

ultimately, Gameiro sees us as a stepping stone, whereas Owen saw us as a retirement home.

I said, it depends on the individual. I didn't compare them strictly, I'm just giving an example of a player who moved for the money when their hearts lay elsewhere. I could have easily used Luque. Both didn't work out and cost a lot of money.

He is talented... if he do what he does for Loreint for us we are lucky... Off former player his style remind me of Papin.... Papin never played in England so it is hard to say how this one will fair.... most depends on the mental toughness of the player I hope he has that.