Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Seemingly every single media outlet that is following this Gameiro story seem to suggest it's a hugely complex transfer..  why is this one more complex than any other?  ???

Because it involves a decimal point.  Derek's f***ed

nah, he's dealt with them before.

perch cost £94.99

Seemingly every single media outlet that is following this Gameiro story seem to suggest it's a hugely complex transfer..  why is this one more complex than any other?  ???

Because it doesn't involve a release clause.

Seemingly every single media outlet that is following this Gameiro story seem to suggest it's a hugely complex transfer..  why is this one more complex than any other?  ???

Seems like it's the only actual negotiation we've been involved with under Ashley! Must be new territory for them.

Seems like it's the only actual negotiation we've been involved with under Ashley! Must be new territory for them.

Messi has a release clause.

It's about £1bn but still he has one.

We are willing to pay the amount but the player is not interested.  The clubs that the player wants to go cannot offer the amount.  That's where complexity lies.

We are willing to pay the amount but the player is not interested.  The clubs that the player wants to go cannot offer the amount.  That's where complexity lies.

Certainly sounds like it. I hope we have other targets that are as good.

Guest VegasToon

Does anyone know where this quote is from?

cwarr07 Colin

Chairman of Lorient, Loïc Féry, Valencia Gameiro crazy: "It 10M or nothing!" The Spaniard does not want to pay that much.

Unfortunately, I think that we're the only people who have put in a bid but Gameiro is waiting for someone else to put in a bid because he doesn't really want to come here.  This will go through at the end of the transfer window after this thread is 200 pages.

Guest VegasToon

His imagination.

The trick is still working though.

Normally I would agree but he is retweeting it:

CyrilOlives Cyril Olivès

by cwarr07

Le président de Lorient, Loïc Féry, rend fou Valence pour Gameiro: "C'est 10M ou rien!" Les Espagnol ne veulent pas payer autant. #football

I don't use Twitter or read newspapers: Is this "cwarr07" a journalist of any kind, or just some spacker with a keyboard and an internet connection?

(I realise the two statements are not mutually exclusive)

His imagination.

The trick is still working though.

Normally I would agree but he is retweeting it:

CyrilOlives Cyril Olivès

by cwarr07

Le président de Lorient, Loïc Féry, rend fou Valence pour Gameiro: "C'est 10M ou rien!" Les Espagnol ne veulent pas payer autant. #football

Cyril Olives.

Seriously?

I don't use Twitter or read newspapers: Is this "cwarr07" a journalist of any kind, or just some spacker with a keyboard and an internet connection?

(I realise the two statements are not mutually exclusive)

Is the correct answer.

If it's £10 million or nothing I'd take him for nothing tbh, Valencia seem to be missing a trick here.  Twitter is getting absolutely huge now, not just with this football transfer wank but with everything.  There was a stage where I thought it was showing signs of levelling off but everyone's jumped on it in the last 6 months in particular.

Guest magpie99

I tend not to pay much attention to reports in the media, whether it be french or english. The worry is that if we have made his club an offer and it has been accepted, the length of time it is taking to obtain a decision, much like the Gervinho case, leads me to believe we wont sign either of them.

Unfortunately, I dont think we are as an attractive proposition any longer and as we are no longer shelling out megasbucks in salary, we are not a primary choice.

I would love to be proved wrong mind you because I would find a forward line of Gameiro, Ben Arfa, Gervinho and The Zog as a most mouth watering spectacle. I suppose we can dream on.

I tend not to pay much attention to reports in the media, whether it be french or english. The worry is that if we have made his club an offer and it has been accepted, the length of time it is taking to obtain a decision, much like the Gervinho case, leads me to believe we wont sign either of them.

Unfortunately, I dont think we are as an attractive proposition any longer and as we are no longer shelling out megasbucks in salary, we are not a primary choice.

I would love to be proved wrong mind you because I would find a forward line of Gameiro, Ben Arfa, Gervinho and The Zog as a most mouth watering spectacle. I suppose we can dream on.

We're chasing players that want to play in Europe. Of course they'll think twice before joining us. And tbh, we are seemingly shelling out some larger wages.

Guest WashyGeordie

Why? Just, why?

:shifty:

Guest magpie99

We're chasing players that want to play in Europe. Of course they'll think twice before joining us. And tbh, we are seemingly shelling out some larger wages.

From what I hear, we are paying Cabaye 50K a week. It is still a long way off the 90K Carroll is getting at Liverpool etc etc etc.

Unfoprtunately, for us to get into Europe regularly in the future, we are going to have to match the big boys to attract the best players and I dont think we have the means any longer to do this.