Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

See Bojan looks like he has gone to Roma.

Remember that version of FM where you could approach him with a contract at the start and he always ended up at Roma, and people say it's unrealistic.  :laugh:

:snod:

will the last one at vicarage road turn off the lights please...

although apparently chris hughton may be our new manager, if whispers are to be believed...

I really hope so. :aww:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/modric-changes-tack-after-spurs-stand-firm-over-chelsea-interest-2299988.html

Joorabchian's involvement was being mooted on saturday and cleaning up Modric's position is well under way apparently .......... taken out of context, lost in translation etc etc.  I've never doubted that Modric would not be allowed to leave and I'm still as confident now.

Villas Boas returns to Chelsea - will be very interesting to see how he makes there. Could be the best signing of the summer. He knows the club and many of the players, he knows what is expected and knows what it takes to succeed in Premier League.

I'm actually convinced that it is the best possible manager for Chelsea at this point. He brings something new and fresh, but yet has a very strong link in Chelsea's success in the past.

From Wiki:

"At the age of 16, Villas-Boas (who was always a Porto supporter) lived in the same apartment block as the English Bobby Robson, who was managing FC Porto at the time. Following a debate between the two, Robson appointed Villas-Boas to Porto's observation department"

Sir Bobby's legacy lives on.

Villas-Boas’s burgeoning coaching career began in unusual circumstances back in 1994, when he was a mere 16-year-old. Harbouring dreams of pursuing a profession in the game in some form or other, the Porto-supporting teenage had been planning to do a course in physical education when he stumbled across an alternative way into football.

The club’s coach at the time was Robson, who would win two league titles during his stay on the banks of the Douro and whose technical staff included his translator, one Jose Mourinho. Though the much-respected Englishman brought the fans the trophies they craved, the young Villas-Boas was not entirely happy, finding fault with the coach’s tendency to leave free-scoring striker Domingos Paciencia - now head coach at Sporting Braga - on the bench.

Unable to comprehend the sidelining of his hero, Villas-Boas, who happened to live in the same apartment block as the Porto coach but was too shy to approach him, decided to register his displeasure in writing. The letter he later dropped into Robson’s mailbox would change his life.

Impressed by what the teenager had to say, Robson called on him a few days later, challenging his neighbour to back up his argument in favour of Domingos by collecting statistics from Porto’s next few games. The reports compiled by the eagle-eyed fan were so comprehensive that Sir Bobby invited him to work as a trainee with the club’s youth-team coaching staff and encouraged him to take a coaching course.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1306459.html

I love a bit of Villas-Boas so I hope he stays at Porto for another year. He's in no rush, Chelsea will probably be managerless again in 12 months time. After the break-ups of Lille and Dortmund, I was hoping Porto could remain untouched for once. Ah well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/modric-changes-tack-after-spurs-stand-firm-over-chelsea-interest-2299988.html

Joorabchian's involvement was being mooted on saturday and cleaning up Modric's position is well under way apparently .......... taken out of context, lost in translation etc etc.  I've never doubted that Modric would not be allowed to leave and I'm still as confident now.

I don't like Spurs and can't stand Redknapp but good for them for standing up to Modric the way they did.  Was kind of shocked to see that Modric was on 45k p/w.  He's been making less than Nolan?

I don't like Spurs and can't stand Redknapp but good for them for standing up to Modric the way they did.  Was kind of shocked to see that Modric was on 45k p/w.  He's been making less than Nolan?

#

Puts that deal into perspective.

#

Puts that deal into perspective.

Christ!