Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest kingdawson

Arshavin, Bilyaletdinov, and Pavlychenko.............i guess we're not going to see any premiership managers take a risk with a Russian for a while.

Arshavin, Bilyaletdinov, and Pavlychenko.............i guess we're not going to see any premiership managers take a risk with a Russian for a while.

Still can't believe these counts completely outclassed us (Holland) in the 2008 European Championship, after we'd spanked Italy and France in the first round and looked shit hot favourites to win it.

Guest kingdawson

Still can't believe these counts completely outclassed us (Holland) in the 2008 European Championship, after we'd spanked Italy and France in the first round and looked s*** hot favourites to win it.

Pretty weird that they looked so good in the Euros but all have been utter dog turd in the premiership. I also forgot to add Zhirkov who was another flop.

Besides Smertin and Kanchelskis i can't think of another Russian that's been able to adapt in this league.

Still can't believe these counts completely outclassed us (Holland) in the 2008 European Championship, after we'd spanked Italy and France in the first round and looked s*** hot favourites to win it.

Talented bunch though no doubt, with the right coach and tactics at the time.

Let's not forget Zhirkov who wasn't given much of a chance tbf.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Everton fan I know was adamant that Bily got played out of position and should be behind the striker, rather than out wide.

Everton fan I know was adamant that Bily got played out of position and should be behind the striker, rather than out wide.

That's how David "what a good manager he is" Moyes usually handles flair players.

Doesn't work hard ==> don't play ==> show zero faith in the player ==> shock horror, they want to leave.

Not excusing some of Bily's performances for us but he wasn't given much of a chance, and when he was, it was often because players were injured. Way to give the lad confidence.

Guest schmuck

Has twice as much ability as both combined tbh. But then so do most of Wigan's midfielders and it still doesn't seem to be doing them much good.

ronaldihno gone back to being a footballer again yet?

When he wants to hes probably the best player in Brazil after Neymar. Problem is thats like once every 20 games or so.

If I was managing a top class team there would be a couple of things I'd try not to do. One of them would be sign brazillian central defenders/goalkeepers.

Actually Id sign Brazilian defenders and goalkeepers, Id stay far far away from offensive players. We have probably worlds best defender and two best fullbacks in Silva, Marcelo and Dani Alves. 2 years ago best team in Europe consisted of 2 Brazilian defenders and one goalie. Dont let David Luiz fool you, our strongest department is defenders nowadays well after Neymar basically.

São Paulo set to sign Nilmar.

Who are you like Filipao, Santos?

Really looking forward to the Brazilian league after the FIFA update tbh :hmm:

Corinthians my friend, champions of Brazil now this year we have to win the Libertadores, beyond a joke of how bad we are continentally.

Wigan agree fee for Jean Beausejour.

Might just be one of those players but he has always stood out when I have watched Brum.

He does definitely stand out with them, doesn't seem to have much end product from what I've seen though. Wigan need any help they can get at this point.

That's how David "what a good manager he is" Moyes usually handles flair players.

Doesn't work hard ==> don't play ==> show zero faith in the player ==> shock horror, they want to leave.

Not excusing some of Bily's performances for us but he wasn't given much of a chance, and when he was, it was often because players were injured. Way to give the lad confidence.

Getting Cerci from "La Viola" aren't you to replace him?

No big loss IMO, he's been fairly shit. Reminded me of a shit Viana, no real position and the game here is too high tempo.

Seen him play a lot for Chile. I think he's decent enough for the bottom half of the PL but certainly won't save their season.

He's one of the Chilean players that arrived drunk at a training camp, isn't he?

Yup, one of 4 IIRC.

Decent player IMO, suits Wigan's reasonably not long ball style and Brum need the money.

Getting Cerci from "La Viola" aren't you to replace him?

No big loss IMO, he's been fairly shit. Reminded me of a shit Viana, no real position and the game here is too high tempo.

Well, if strong-ish rumours are to be believed, yeah we are. Though I thought he was more of a forward?

Can't sit here and say Bily delivered a string of fine performances for us but IMO the way he was dealt with is symbolic of Moyes' attitude towards players who have plenty of ability but don't work as hard as he wants. In the hard working/technical quality balance, his favouring of the former is criminal and is one of the reasons we're doing shit. Bily is endemic of that and its a consistent failing on DM's part.