Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Le Toux traded to NYRB from Vancouver. s*** has gone down.

For the 2 of you who watch the MLS.

Won't be watching it for much longer if this kind of stuff carries on.

Have to agree.  It's hard to get any affinity for top players when you know they will be gone in six months.

It's pretty good players but it is somewhat one of those 'dream teams' that has absolutely no-one stitching it together and no identity

maybe being mean but they should have won the league considering the spending last season.

Anyway what am I talking about barely watched french league just a few games when was bored :p

We're linked with a ridiculous number of players atm. Fillipo Inzaghi, Almen Abdi, Fernando Forestieri, Felipe Gallegos, pretty much anyone at Udinese, anyone Italian and anyone in South America who's young, half-decent and has a decent forged EU passport.

I'm cautious, still. I'm not happy with what's happened so far. We shouldn't have sacked Sean Dyche. I'm not convinced by Gianluca Nani/Scott Duxbury. I'm interested to see how our developing our own youth products will work alongside bringing in foreign talent. I'm concerned that our identity as a club will be heavily impacted. But I'm excited to see some good player play for us, but then we've had a lot of talent playing for us in recent years. I'm almost certain some level of success will follow fairly quickly, but the (non-financial) price at which it comes - whether or not that will be too high, that's the key question for me. Reserving judgement, feeling mildly concerned and cautiously optimistic.

Hadn't realised Nani and Duxbury were involved, the set up with Zola at West Ham was a failure so that is interesting.

From a recruitment level though the playing staff should improve without risking anything financially. Pozzo is a shrewd operator. Like you say it's how much of your identity is sacrificed in the process, you might get relative success while also knowing you're just a pawn in Pozzo's empire. It's an experiment that will face more difficulty in the English game than it has done in Italy and Spain.

Michael Bradley to Roma looks done, finally. Probably the biggest transfer for an outfield American player ever, in terms of where he's going. Unless you count Onyewu to Milan...

Hopefully Bradley fares better...

Because i am tired of speculation,i am talling you this. I read the papers and i see they say 10 million pounds is my price. I go and talk with Sir Alex, and he says to me 5 million..So who is talling the truth, what do you think??..And the truth is, I love this club, but i am not going to be useful to anyone, if i am not playing. And i want to play, i want to help. But for unknown reasons its not going to happen, or my chances will be limited, so it's better for everyone if we say goodbay. If not, i am professional and i will keep doing everything i can, to help my team and my teammates, whenever i have opportunity to do so.

Apparently a few people were doing the Villa Park tour thus morning and were in the dressing rooms when Lambert walks in, giving a player a quick look around the ground.

Turns out in was Ron Vlaar. I hope this means the end of James Collins.