Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Is Lucas more of a wing player of attacking midfielder? I'm not even sure where he will play for PSG. They already have Pastore, Menez, Lavezzi, Ibrahimovic, Gameiro (who I suppose might be sold along with Hoarau), etc. The team just seem to be accumulating talent. They've already been linked to selling Sakho, which also seems to make little sense. It doesn't matter, as their players are so superior, but I don't understand why they are so eager to discard/replace good players.

Their eagerness is purely greed and impatience. I agree with an earlier statement that City and Chelsea have ruined football in their own ways, what PSG are doing is a hyperised version of it. Doing it in a league where there are literally zero financial competitors and buying talent which could walk into any team in the world. Appalling.

Their eagerness is purely greed and impatience. I agree with an earlier statement that City and Chelsea have ruined football in their own ways, what PSG are doing is a hyperised version of it. Doing it in a league where there are literally zero financial competitors and buying talent which could walk into any team in the world. Appalling.

I can't blame City, Chelsea, or any other club. The way top, European football is designed creates massive gaps in spending and monopolies at the top that are exacerbated over time. Aggressive spending is the mst efficient way of success. It is the system itself more than anything else.

That Ravel Morrison is off to Birmingham on loan. Dodged a bullet there. :lol:

Where I'm sure that other fine, upstanding citizen Marlon King will take him under this wing and lead him along the path of righteousness.

I can't blame City, Chelsea, or any other club. The way top, European football is designed creates massive gaps in spending and monopolies at the top that are exacerbated over time. Aggressive spending is the mst efficient way of success. It is the system itself more than anything else.

No need to pay people 250ok a week tho or buy players for a season, then loan them out while you buy an even more expensive forward.

Its grotesque.

Guest Tyson

The problem i have with PSG isn't spending in itself, it's the fact they are turning their league into a French version of SPL.

IMHO the French Lge (once the stadium improvements are complete, ahead of Euro 16) will be stong at the top-end of the table. Lille, Lyon & Marseille will be much stronger at the gate-revenue level, compared to where they sit now. And a renovated Stade Velodrame will be a money-spinner for OM - they'll surely attract a lucrative sponsorship deal. 50k seaters, with their productive academies in tow in the case of the former two clubs mentioned, the forecast for the french comp isn't that dire.

There's a certain amount of truth in that "the system" thing, in that the game is now more than ever totally skewed to money.

Don't get me wrong, the richer clubs always had an advantage in the past, too, but the gap was never, ever as wide as it is now. What we have now is more or less a direct correlation between money spent and success gained.

This probably won't get much agreement on here, but whilst the PL has been good in some ways, in bigger, more important ways, it has seen the slow ruination of the English game, as money decides everything.

We now can no longer realistically have an Aston Villa, Newcastle, Everton style club winning the league without a gigantic financial windfall. When i was a kid, I remember Cloughie taking Forest from nowhere and winning the league and European Cup. I remember Villa using 14 players all season to win the league. I remember that brilliant Everton side of the 80s (who would no doubt at all have won more European honours had it not been for Heysel).

None of that can happen now, and it has made football much the poorer sport.

I don't blame Man City for doing what they're doing, if they can afford to do so, and I don't begrudge any of their fans their success, either. I just don't like what it has done to the game.

I also get particularly annoyed by the fact that, with our game awash in money, there's never any question of using that cash to subsidise ticket prices - the clubs would rather spunk it straight into the gaping mouths of agents and players, rather than the people who - through generations - have kept the game going, even when it was on the brink of collapse a few decades ago.

There's a certain amount of truth in that "the system" thing, in that the game is now more than ever totally skewed to money.

Don't get me wrong, the richer clubs always had an advantage in the past, too, but the gap was never, ever as wide as it is now. What we have now is more or less a direct correlation between money spent and success gained.

This probably won't get much agreement on here, but whilst the PL has been good in some ways, in bigger, more important ways, it has seen the slow ruination of the English game, as money decides everything.

We now can no longer realistically have an Aston Villa, Newcastle, Everton style club winning the league without a gigantic financial windfall. When i was a kid, I remember Cloughie taking Forest from nowhere and winning the league and European Cup. I remember Villa using 14 players all season to win the league. I remember that brilliant Everton side of the 80s (who would no doubt at all have won more European honours had it not been for Heysel).

I don't blame Man City for doing what they're doing, if they can afford to do so, and I don't begrudge any of their fans their success, either. I just don't like what it has done to the game.

I also get particularly annoyed by the fact that, with our game awash in money, there's never any question of using that cash to subsidise ticket prices - the clubs would rather spunk it straight into the gaping mouths of agents and players, rather than the people who - through generations - have kept the game going, even when it was on the brink of collapse a few decades ago.

:sadnod:

And even if it did happen you get the feeling it would be very much a one off.

I doubt we're even considering letting Obertan go.

I was watching Vasco v Corinthians the other day...... some Vasco player called Wendel, who used to play for Bordeaux with Obertan, was playing and I was thinking to myself...."hmmmm, I wonder if there's been a mix up between the Man Utd scouting staff".

Just in case you haven't got a clue what I'm on about............

....this is Wendel :lol: -

http://referentiel.nouvelobs.com/file/405161.jpg