Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Valdes press conference at 10 am and Puyol at 4 pm today.

Valdés will probably talk about his departure and make it a sort of good-bye appearance. The Puyol one is a bit more puzzling, a lot of people jumped the gun yesterday night saying he is retiring. We'll see...

How much is Valdes going for? Read that he asked to go on a free in view of his contributions over the years.

Contributions for which he's been given an ample salary, one of the highest for a goalie.

No idea what he will go for, though. But certainly not for free.

"As" has added up Villas-Boas to the Real Madrid manager rumor mill, after Ancelotti is having trouble with being released by PSG and talk that Heynckes will retire if he wins the treble.

I'm still completely undecided on him as a manager.

Nah not all these players but Cavani i have seen countless times.

Be it Napoli as they are consistently on ESPN i watch more Serie A than PL.

Or for Uruguay be it Olympics, qualifiers or Friendlies that are televised although he doesn't perform for them as for some reason he plays out wide.

He's very good in build up for a man his size in fact he reminds me a lot of Batistuta in style.

Fact remains though i don't believe you are getting the best out of Cavani or the 3 behind him with the style of play they will use.

The term opposites attract doesn't ring true here, someone like Benzema or Lewandowski would be better fit IMO.

Maybe even Ibra if they are willing to match his wages.

Im in the same position as you as i watch every Serie A game ESPN show pretty much, and I just can't believe we are talking about the same player. Fairplay, everyone can have an opinion, but I just can't see it THAT way. Agree to disagree (Though i agree about Lewendowski, but he is the 2nd best target man in the world after Zlatan ;) ).

Cavani - Hamsik linkup has been ridiculous since Cavani joined, telepathic at times. Not every player can be Thierry Henry 2003 though :)

How much is Valdes going for? Read that he asked to go on a free in view of his contributions over the years.

Contributions for which he's been given an ample salary, one of the highest for a goalie.

Boom, he's just said he'll run down his contract.

I know he is a world class keeper, but i was actually there for the Super cup this year at the Nou Camp...Valdes :lol:

So he's staying?

I know he is a world class keeper, but i was actually there for the Super cup this year at the Nou Camp...Valdes :lol:

He was awful at the start of the season, yet his form dramatically improved once he said he was leaving :lol:

So he's staying?

So it seems, but the summer is long. He's finished letting the door open to talks with the club so he's probably to negotiate down his transfer.

You have to wonder whether he's trying to gain an advantage over wages when he's playing his cards like that. Surely Monaco will be able to afford any reasonable fee Barca is asking.

Ter Stegen, certainly. Reina would be too short-termist, in my opinion.

My only worry is if he's ready for the kind of pressure you've at this level, given his age.

Yeh either him or Cortois were my thoughts.

Iago Aspas to Liverpool according to Balague. €9m.

Heard a bit about him. However, reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit, and lost without deserving.

is that a shakespeare or pardew quote?