Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

£2m ffs. Clyne all over again. This club is so preoccupied on the French market we miss out on bargains in our own country.

Clyne chose to reject us as he wanted regular matches.

£2m ffs. Clyne all over again. This club is so preoccupied on the French market we miss out on bargains in our own country.

We didnt even agree a fee.

"I was close [to going there]," Clyne told Sky Sports News. "They are a good a side but I chose Southampton because it was closer to where I live.

"It's where I preferred to come. I didn't get a chance to speak to Alan Pardew.

"Southampton just appealed to me more. They've got good facilities here, the way they play football has been good and I was promised first-choice football.

"I thought I was going to get more game time, which I have been getting, so I am pleased. I have no regrets about coming here. I have been playing a lot of games for the club and that's what I like.

"I didn't really want to be on the bench. I just wanted to be playing, getting game time and improving as a player."

"I was close [to going there]," Clyne told Sky Sports News. "They are a good a side but I chose Southampton because it was closer to where I live.

"It's where I preferred to come. I didn't get a chance to speak to Alan Pardew.

"Southampton just appealed to me more. They've got good facilities here, the way they play football has been good and I was promised first-choice football.

"I thought I was going to get more game time, which I have been getting, so I am pleased. I have no regrets about coming here. I have been playing a lot of games for the club and that's what I like.

"I didn't really want to be on the bench. I just wanted to be playing, getting game time and improving as a player."

We still didnt agree a fee. We left it far too late, we could have been in several times before Southampton finally made a proper offer. He even says he didnt even speak to the manager, so how could he say we didnt offer him first team football? It's just him talking about his actual move in good light, any player would be saying those things.

It wouldn't have changed anything even if we agreed a fee. He was close to committing but chose to go to Southampton for a number of reasons. Whether we could have been in 'earlier', no one will ever know.

It wouldn't have changed anything even if we agreed a fee. He was close to committing but chose to go to Southampton for a number of reasons. Whether we could have been in 'earlier', no one will ever know.

If our intent was serious of course it would change things. We made enquiries, Southampton made an actual offer

I bet you we get to the Clyne stage of a transfer about 10 times a window, maybe more yet we only sign one or two.

If our intent was serious of course it would change things. We made enquiries, Southampton made an actual offer

I bet you we get to the Clyne stage of a transfer about 10 times a window, maybe more yet we only sign one or two.

The player himself said he was close to a move. How much more intent do you need? :lol:

The player himself said he was close to a move. How much more intent do you need? :lol:

Players are close to moving all the time. Now Clyne sounds like a hero to Southampton fans turning down a move to somewhere to go there when in reality we didnt even agree a fee, he didnt meet the manager and it never got passed agents talking.

You know how this transfer game works right?

Clyne was out of contract so why would we have to agree a fee?

His club was due compensation due to his age. It was either the tribunal or coming to an agreed fee with them, which Southampton did.

Players are close to moving all the time. Now Clyne sounds like a hero to Southampton fans turning down a move to somewhere to go there when in reality we didnt even agree a fee, he didnt meet the manager and it never got passed agents talking.

Nope, of course you know the transfer game better. :thup:

Anyway, we were more interested in getting Debuchy on the cheap, we were totally preoccupied with the French market to take seriously players on this shore. Is becoming a massive blind spot IMO.

Ince for example sounds like exactly what we need, but no doubt we are looking for the French version for around half the price.

Nope, of course you know the transfer game better. :thup:

I feel I'm not as naive as you, yes. :)

Remy was a perfect example of a player turning us down, this isn't, we just didnt rate him highly enough to make a proper offer. A bit like Ince right now, we are interested, but where is the offer?

I've barely seen Ince play, but it's odd that Cardiff are the only club who seem to fancy him.

Ince/Redmond maybe only attracting the likes of Norwich/Cardiff/Swansea but i still wish we would throw ourselves in the mix and compete. Either of these two would improve us in some way shape or form. Don't mind if they head off to Liverpool for more money or something but these are shit clubs we should look to overpower in the transfer market if they are wrapping up a deal for a good prospect fairly cheaply.

Clyne is very average.

So is what we've got, only he's 22 with bags of pace. He'd have taken Simpsons place off him last season.

He reminds me of Simpson a lot actually, although he obviously has the potential to go further given his age.

Still happier to have Debuchy, although we should've had him signed up in the summer as well.

I've barely seen Ince play, but it's odd that Cardiff are the only club who seem to fancy him.

Ince/Redmond maybe only attracting the likes of Norwich/Cardiff/Swansea but i still wish we would throw ourselves in the mix and compete. Either of these two would improve us in some way shape or form. Don't mind if they head off to Liverpool for more money or something but these are shit clubs we should look to overpower in the transfer market if they are wrapping up a deal for a good prospect fairly cheaply.

Yeah, but what I mean is, is he actually that good? Presumably everyone has run the rule over him and decided to leave it.

Clyne is very average.

So is what we've got, only he's 22 with bags of pace. He'd have taken Simpsons place off him last season.

He reminds me of Simpson a lot actually, although he obviously has the potential to go further given his age.

Still happier to have Debuchy, although we should've had him signed up in the summer as well.

Both Debuchy and Clyne will get better, Clyne has 5 years on him though and will be solid by he's Debuchy's age IMO. He's got everything you need for the role.

He does remind me of Simpson, just a little more intelligent and grounded. 22 years old he's a good RB, who else in the league is as good as him at that age? (Probably loads now I said that  :lol:)

Ince/Redmond maybe only attracting the likes of Norwich/Cardiff/Swansea but i still wish we would throw ourselves in the mix and compete. Either of these two would improve us in some way shape or form. Don't mind if they head off to Liverpool for more money or something but these are s*** clubs we should look to overpower in the transfer market if they are wrapping up a deal for a good prospect fairly cheaply.

Yeah, but what I mean is, is he actually that good? Presumably everyone has run the rule over him and decided to leave it.

I see where you're coming from. Personally i can't say for sure he if Ince is worth the hype or not, i've only seen him myself a handful of times, but he has certainly looked an exciting player of what i've seen. Think the biggest gamble is the step up to the Prem and whether he would improve for the step up. When you look around the league though, it's hardly beaming with talent to suggest that either of these couldn't handle the step up. I don't think searching the French market is hampering our search over here as we picked up Bigi after a decent season in the championship and took the gamble on Gosling (gamble lost).