Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 48s

DONE DEAL: Confirmation that a deal has been agreed for the free transfer of Mathieu #Flamini to #Arsenal on a 1 year deal. Medical to come.

Expand

No Cabs then.

Guest Roger Kint

Eto'o set to move to Chelsea. Guess that spells the end of the Rooney saga.

Eto'o. :lol:

Isn't he on about 300,000 Euros a week?

Talking about taking over 50% pay cut to join them

Whose to say Eto'o still isn't class?

Its only 2 years ago that he scored 37 goals and 15 assists in 53 games for Inter.

Really wouldn't judge him on his Anzhi spell, for one he's surrounded by crap playing in Russia.

Also they were so crap that he'd often play in midfield.

I refuse to believe that Eto'o of two years ago is gone.

Guest Roger Kint

Whose to say Eto'o still isn't class?

Its only 2 years ago that he scored 37 goals and 15 assists in 53 games for Inter.

Really wouldn't judge him on his Anzhi spell, for one he's surrounded by crap playing in Russia.

Also they were so crap that he'd often play in midfield.

I refuse to believe that Eto'o of two years ago is gone.

What about the Torres of two or so years ago? Eto'o wont do badly imo but cant see him hitting 20 in the league which they should be looking for.

A player who based his game around pace and mobility at age 32... I haven't seen him in the past two years outside the odd European game (where he looked uninterested at best). Sure he'll score some, but not the kind of striker they should be buying. I'd understand if he was there in a backup role, though.

Guest firetotheworks

Torres wasn't over-rated like. No chance. He was absolutely brilliant for a good few years, then came to Liverpool and continued being absolutely brilliant. His injuries wrecked him, it's really that simple imo.

Eto'o set to move to Chelsea. Guess that spells the end of the Rooney saga.

Such a disappointment. Eto'o used to be class, like. But from Falcao to Rooney to Eto'o :(

They shouldve gone for Suarez.

Imagine a team with Suarez, Terry and Cole in man. :lol: pure Hatred FC.

Torres was always overrated anyway.

All Eto'o needs is off the ball movement to be effective and I doubt he's lost that.

No way man. :lol: Torres was absolutely dynamite. Vidic was seen as the best defender in England for a few years and Torres destroyed him every time. I hated playing against the wee fucker.

Torres was always overrated anyway.

All Eto'o needs is off the ball movement to be effective and I doubt he's lost that.

No way man. :lol: Torres was absolutely dynamite. Vidic was seen as the best defender in England for a few years and Torres destroyed him every time. I hated playing against the wee fucker.

???

He was never brilliant at Atletico... not at any stage.

This is why I say he's overrated, people constantly overrate his achievements.

He had one outstanding season at Liverpool with a couple of good ones.

While at Atletico it was never more than decent.

And his international record is very average for a striker...It took him close to a 100 games to score more than Fernando F*cking Hierro a F*cking Centre back.

People should not forget how great Torres was in his first years in Liverpool just because he's so s*** now. One of the great mysteries of football this, no way his knee problems can be solely to blame for his decline.

He could score all kinds of goals; playing on the shoulder, headers, running at the defence, long shots... He was almost unstoppable before 2010.

A bit of a harsh comparison on the International front there. Hierros record is outstanding. Torres averaged 1 in 3 for Spain, which is a good return for International football in my opinion.

And he scored some big goals too, like the one in the 2008 EC final.

Hierro's record is ridiculous for a defender, not only internationally. I think he's one of the defenders with highest goals-per-game in recent times.

Oh and Vidic is overrated as well...Monster in the air but aside from that you could get at him.

Never came close to reaching Rio's level for example.

Vidic is a monster everywhere. Unbelievable at reading the game and getting his body in the way of everything. Eto'o and Torres are the only people that ever really caused him consistent problems in a game. Rio and Vidic is a brilliant partnership.