Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

VI, you heard anything more about Thiago?

No, although everybody expects it to be resolved this week, either way.

The fact that Guardiola indirectly talked about him in his presentation yesterday makes people believe Bayern would be in the mix too.

Anyway, I hope it's solved soon so I can finally let off steam and get pissed off. I've been in this annoying pre-pissed off state since the rumors started almost a month ago.

I've barely seen Ince play, but it's odd that Cardiff are the only club who seem to fancy him.

My feeling is that Ince can make things happen, but his control of the ball isn't as secure as might sometimes appear. That tends to get found out when you play at the higher level, and I think that's why so many clubs are hesitating.

Redmond and McManaman look more the real deal to me in the long-term.

Thiago should have been playing all the minutes Fabregas has been since he joined.

Buying Fabregas was such a forced transfer, considering you had Thiago coming through.

You don't deserve the lad VI!!!

Thiago is still very, very green. He has all the talent in the world, but makes lots of mistakes still. He suffers from what I call the "De La Peña" syndrome, where he tries to show how good he is with every ball he touches, which costs him a lot of mistakes. He isn't ready for all the first team football he thinks he deserves, and has had a particularly awful season until the U21 tournament. Madrid's midfield tore him to shreds in La Liga, for example.

But losing him would be a mistake, since the potential is there, technically he's a marvel to behold. And I think it's a mistake for him to go to the Premier League.

Thiago is still very, very green. He has all the talent in the world, but makes lots of mistakes still. He suffers from what I call the "De La Peña" syndrome, where he tries to show how good he is with every ball he touches, which costs him a lot of mistakes. He isn't ready for all the first team football he thinks he deserves, and has had a particularly awful season until the U21 tournament. Madrid's midfield tore him to shreds in La Liga, for example.

But losing him would be a mistake, since the potential is there, technically he's a marvel to behold. And I think it's a mistake for him to go to the Premier League.

Yeah, but he's at the stage where he has to play regularly to iron out all his remaining issues.

At the end of the day, your team is talented enough to allow for his mistakes, particularly against the lesser teams.

It's not as though Fabregas has been a consistent first teamer, and so Thiago really should have been used the way Fabregas has been.

The way I see it Fabregas has been a bit of a waste because he really should be a fixture in the first team at this stage of his career, and with the talent he posesses.  On top of that he has also now restricted Thiago's opportunities.

It's a disaster all around. What have you people done?

If we let Redmond and Ince just go somewhere else :(

Ince will cost money and we don't have any of that. Best not to get into a bidding war since we're the poorest club in the world (despite being 20th richest in the world).

Bony close to Swansea now according to Dutch press.

We are losing/ have lost out in players to QPR, Swansea and Cardiff.

What madness is this? :lol:

Bidding war madness!

Club said we won't make any moves until July. We all know that policy can cost you.

Again though its about the seriousness of our interest, just like Carroll, loads of noise made but no actual bid and he went to west ham.

Those not sold on Bony or Carroll or next target will no doubt be pleased we've still got Ameobi on the books.

Guessing its a Giggs,

But everywhere reporting Cavani to Chelsea for £49.3mil? A very beautiful man who is a tremendous player. Guessing Torres will end up at Napoli eventually mind

The only player we lost out on was Remy.

We're liable not to be in for Mincey and/or Redmond and/or Bony, especially given only Redmond is below market value and none are based in France/Belgium.

How much was it we bid for Mince last time? £2m?

It wouldn't have changed anything even if we agreed a fee. He was close to committing but chose to go to Southampton for a number of reasons. Whether we could have been in 'earlier', no one will ever know.

If our intent was serious of course it would change things. We made enquiries, Southampton made an actual offer

I bet you we get to the Clyne stage of a transfer about 10 times a window, maybe more yet we only sign one or two.

Southampton agreed terms with Clyne before they'd made Palace an acceptable offer, it was about to go to tribunal until a deal was struck fairly late on, so I'm not sure why you couldn't have been talking rather seriously without having made a proper offer (given his contract situation at that point in time).