Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I haven't watched Sunderland much this season (god forbid) but isn't he more of a winger/midfielder?

He was. He's been playing fullback lately, but I thought that was due to injuries. Saying that he hasn't looked terrible playing fullback.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I haven't watched Sunderland much this season (god forbid) but isn't he more of a winger/midfielder?

Yeah. They all complained about his defensive game when I looked on RTG a while back, inability to tackle and easily caught out of positon.

Good to see the top clubs buying their way into mid table to help the rest of us catch up. Cahill, Bent and Richardson aren't very scary opposition.

Arsenal's transfer policy is now a farce. I would respect them if they stuck to their principles and kept signing young Frenchmen, but this Arteta/Benayoun/Richardson shite is mental.

Arteta has been an excellent signing.

I wouldn't mind Naughton here next season, like.

Thats not gonna happen.

If he's warming the bench next season he'll be sold at some point in the follwing 18 months. Very difficult to have two class fullbacks vying for the same position. Eventually one loses out and is sold. Happened to Sylvinho & Bridge (both because of Cole lol) at the height of their prowess.

Marco Reus has signed for Dortmund for £15m, will move in the summer. Great player, or at least has been this season.

That's a fantastic signing. Absolutely brilliant....really thought he was destined for Bayern. Hope he gets a chance to play with Gotze.

Probably a Goetze replacement.

He's just extended his deal too I think, not that that means owt.

Reus is a Dortmund lad anyway, must have slipped through the net as a youngster. Been quality this season, might spell the end of Barrios I reckon.

Southampton have confirmed they are in talks with Japan international striker Tadanari Lee.

Lee, who currently plays for Sanfrecce Hiroshima in the J-League, flew into London on Tuesday to discuss a move to Championship leaders.

The 26-year-old will train with Saints until a work permit arrives.

Born to Korean parents in Tokyo, Lee scored the winning goal against Australia as Japan lifted a record fourth Asian Cup last year.

He would be the first Japanese player to sign for Southampton.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16407930.stm