Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

We haven't tried because he will have no re sale value.  Stop looking at players as "players" and look at them as assets on a shelf with a sale value.

Buyuing Samba would be a short term investment, his value will only drop.

Personally I think he is worth more then a punt but from Llambias and Ashleys point of view he wouldnt have much resale value.

Where as Tomkins value will only increase if his preformaces improve etc.

Guest Roger Kint

We haven't tried because he will have no re sale value.  Stop looking at players as "players" and look at them as assets on a shelf with a sale value.

Buyuing Samba would be a short term investment, his value will only drop.

Personally I think he is worth more then a punt but from Llambias and Ashleys point of view he wouldnt have much resale value.

Where as Tomkins value will only increase if his preformaces improve etc.

I agree with all of that however i was pointing out the failing in our system of not making exceptions to the resale route. Sometimes you have to buy for the value they have in your own shirt not what they could potentially get in someone elses a few years down the line. Like i said it sums him up for not being aware of the whole picture rather than just the business side.

Northerngimp.

I agree. He may not have any re-sale value in the sense he wont be sold for more than we buy him. But defender peak during his years now and play up until theyre possibly 33-34. Samba would bring so much investment to the club as I see us recouping at least half at the end of the season. He can be the difference between 6th and 10th. He can be the difference between Europe and non-Europe football. Ashley and Derek would prove to be real idiots if he ends up at QPR for 5-6m.

Guest Roger Kint

Northerngimp.

I agree. He may not have any re-sale value in the sense he wont be sold for more than we buy him. But defender peak during his years now and play up until theyre possibly 33-34. Samba would bring so much investment to the club as I see us recouping at least half at the end of the season. He can be the difference between 6th and 10th. He can be the difference between Europe and non-Europe football. Ashley and Derek would prove to be real idiots if he ends up at QPR for 5-6m.

Will probably take £8m but other than that i totally agree with you.

Why? If no big team goes for him, and they manage to sign one or two good player and show ambition I can see him going there. theyre in a big market in the sense that its better to live in London than near Ewood Park.

We should therefore go in there and hijack any deal they do.

If Samba was available for £5m and only QPR went for him then pretty much every team in this league has massively fucked up. Struggling to think of a team that wouldn't need him, especially for that price.

If Samba himself went he is making a stupid decision, he could play regular football for a champions league side.

If Samba was available for £5m and only QPR went for him then pretty much every team in this league has massively f***ed up. Struggling to think of a team that wouldn't need him, especially for that price.

If Samba himself went he is making a stupid decision, he could play regular football for a champions league side.

The media seem to think he will end up going to Spurs.

1. Why would Samba move to QPR...out of the frying pan..

2. Why would Blackburn sell him to a rival, most of the middle clubs will match whatever QPR offer especially with such a low starting bid

Interesting.

I haven't followed him so not sure if he's still up to doing a job...but I'd have thought a player of his talent will be able to bury goals with that team around him.

That's incredibly naive. He had a far, far better side around him at Barca and managed to look terrible. Messi and others will tell you.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Interesting.

I haven't followed him so not sure if he's still up to doing a job...but I'd have thought a player of his talent will be able to bury goals with that team around him.

He's a shadow of his former self and when I've seen him in the MLS (admittedly not very often 'cause it's turd) he's looked average by the league's standard

Yeah not sure what he's doing. Maybe just get 10 mins at end of games to goal hang, possibly still a good enough finisher to poach some at the death?

goal hang ? i thought the correct term was 'mooch'. nowt worse than being accused of being a moocher during a game.