Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I was reading about Drogba in the Metro today and they felt the need to put 2 daft analogies one after another at the end of the article. :lol:

However, Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua remain keen, with owner Zhu  Jun saying of their pursuit. ‘It’s like flirting with a girl. Perhaps she will resist you at first bur you will eventually get the school uniform off and commence with the tentacle-based rape.[/url]

Guest Haris Vuckic
‘It’s like flirting with a girl. Perhaps she will resist you at first but if you continue to ask her out, it always ends well.’

and that's when he produced the knife your honour...

Anybody listen to Total Sport yesterday? Cattermole saying against Swansea you have to sit on your edge of your box and let them have the ball otherwise you'll lose, saying they must play on the counter attack.

At home to Swansea?! Good job O'Neill gets results with this shite.

Anybody listen to Total Sport yesterday? Cattermole saying against Swansea you have to sit on your edge of your box and let them have the ball otherwise you'll lose, saying they must play on the counter attack.

At home to Swansea?! Good job O'Neill gets results with this s****.

seems like they've done their scouting by watching swansea last week.

I assumed Leffe was taking the p*ss about how they throw money about :dontknow:

Thank you. Was starting to wonder what people had been smoking.

I would be surprised if Krancjar went there other than a 6 month loan.

Would be very disappointed if he left....unless they paid us 15M for him, of course.

Wh yon Earth would you be dissapointed? He never ever gets a game or even comes close. Strange statement.

He's great, and should be getting more game time. Pav does get games, and I'd be bloody ecstatic if he left. Is it really so strange?

It seems to me that Harry is pricing his squad players out of moves anyway................8m for Dos Sanris, 20m for Defoe etc so what happens when these players run down their contracts and can leave for free?

I think Harry and Spurs need to be more realistic and can see squad players such as Jenas, Huddleston, Krancjar and Defoe leaving for nothing if he is not more realistic.

Don't forget that Levy has more of a say in those dealings.

The thing is, we ask the same questions about the money we're asking for deadwood like Dos Santos and Pav, yet we also hear applause for the money Levy claws back. 10M rising to 12M for Crouch? 6-8M for Palacios? 5M for Hutton? We even made our money back on Bent. Some work out, some don't, but at least he's consistent. Players don't often leave Spurs for free (although I suspect Bentley will end up doing so). Of the four other players you mention, three are ones we want to keep - particularly as we may be in the CL next year. Only Jenas is obviously surplus to requirements.

Still can't believe Gary Cahill and Chelsea happened.

I find it a little funny the fee was only £6-7m. Didn't Bolton call Arsenal's £5m offer "derisory" or something, only a few months ago?!

Guest Roger Kint

I find it a little funny the fee was only £6-7m. Didn't Bolton call Arsenal's £5m offer "derisory" or something, only a few months ago?!

Its a lot less derisory than £0 in another few months though.

Well it was with a year to go. Just like Enriques value, but unfortunately we decided to buckle far too early.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He's worth about that, though! I mean, is the availability of CBs so dire that Cahill is the answer for a team like Chelsea? Or am I severally underrating Cahill? He's decent, but that's all.

He's worth about that, though! I mean, is the availability of CBs so dire that Cahill is the answer for a team like Chelsea? Or am I severally underrating Cahill? He's decent, but that's all.

Think Cahill is, as it stands, a better defender than Luiz.

I think he's massively overrated as well, but then so is pretty much any English CB who doesn't make a goal-causing mistake every game.

No I agree with you actually, was talking to a Gunner mate the other day and we were trying to think of decent centre-backs - there aren't that many any more compared to only a few years ago! Especially English ones.

What's England's first choice CB partnership? Still Rio/Terry? :scared:

No I agree with you actually, was talking to a Gunner mate the other day and we were trying to think of decent centre-backs - there aren't that many any more compared to only a few years ago! Especially English ones.

What's England's first choice CB partnership? Still Rio/Terry? :scared:

Looking like Terry and Cahill. Don't think Rio will get into the squad again tbh...