Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Eto'o was often asked to play out wide because of his tremendous work rate for the team and willingness to track back.

ronaldo must be getting confused between eto'o & zlatan <---- this particular player need his team to build for him which i still wonder why barca sell eto'o for zlatan

Both Eto`o and Drogba are two excellent players.

But also two very different styles. Impossible  to say who is the better, depends really what team they play for and what role the are assigned too.

They had been pretty sweet together in a 442  :aww:

think eto'o was the better player in terms of link-up play - incredible decision making in the final third, brilliant movement off the ball, great out wide and cutting back in, very quick, good balance/agility and an acrobatic style of controlling the ball.

Drogba was great too obviously, but his peak lasted a very short time compared to etoo, say 2 years to eto'o's 7. Before that, while he was an impressive physical performer, he still had rough edges to his game, didn't always make the right choice and his finishing was slightly raw, while he's now clearly past his best.

Eto'o is one of the most lethal strikers i have ever seen and quite underrated as far strikers go when people bring out thier lists....

Never really got the true credit he deserved IMO, for example he was the reason Barca won thier first 2 CL of this great era they find themselves in he was just as in important in my view as Ronaldinho for thier rise to the top if not more important.

Drogba was unplayable on his day but far too inconsistent for my money.

Eto'o is better IMO.

Eto'o is one of the most lethal strikers i have ever seen and quite underrated as far strikers go when people bring out thier lists....

Never really got the true credit he deserved IMO, for example he was the reason Barca won thier first 2 CL of this great era they find themselves in he was just as in important in my view as Ronaldinho for thier rise to the top if not more important.

Eto'o is better IMO.

There was no inconsistency with Drogba during his prime. He scored and assisted goals for fun and was terrific defensively.

Eto'o is better IMO.

There was no inconsistency with Drogba during his prime. He scored and assisted goals for fun and was terrific defensively.

Both amazing players. Of a different type like

Eto'o is better IMO.

Agree Ronaldo. But I still think Eto o brought more to a team than Drogba in his prime. His movement, pace and workrate facilitated for his teammates in the same way as Drogbas strength and techincal ability for his teammates. therefore you have to judge on their accomplishments in football and there Etoo is ahead of Drogba.

Eto'o is better IMO.

Not quite true.......

Between 2007 and 2009 he scored 13 goals in 43 league games........ Theres only two seasons during his whole time at Chelsea is where he scored goals for fun..... which was 2006-07 and 2009-10 the rest of the seasons at Chelsea were full of inconsistency.

There's a reason people say " on his day he's unplayable" because he didnt consistently have those days.

Eto'o is better IMO.

Not quite true.......

Between 2007 and 2009 he scored 13 goals in 43 league games........ Theres only two seasons during his whole time at Chelsea is where he scored goals for fun..... which was 2006-07 and 2009-10 the rest of the seasons at Chelsea were full of inconsistency.

There's a reason people say " on his day he's unplayable" because he didnt consistently have those days.

He was injured a hell of lot during 07-08 and 08-09. During his peak he scored and assisted for fun, as I said.

Eto'o has never been as polished a footballer as Drogba.

It's clear you favors Drogba, and Drogba is a world class forward, but if we ignore personal opinions, Eto'o is the better player.

Samuel Eto'o:

Young African Player of the Year: 2000

African Player of the Year: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2010

ESM Team of the Year: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008-09, 2010–11

FIFPro World XI: 2005, 2006

UEFA Team of the Year: 2005, 2006

African Cup of Nations Top Scorer: 2006, 2008

UEFA Champions League Best Forward: 2006

La Liga Top Scorer: 2006

African Cup of Nations All-Time Top Scorer

RCD Mallorca All-Time Top Scorer

Cameroon All-Time Top Scorer

2005 FIFA World Player of the Year Third

UEFA Champions League Final Man of the Match 2006

FIFA Club World Cup – Golden Ball 2010

CAF Starting XI in the Africa Cup of Nations Egypt 2006

Didier Drogba:

Onze d'Or: 2004

UEFA Cup Top Scorer: 2004

Ligue 1 Goal of the Year: 2004

Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2004

Ligue 1 Player of the Year: 2004

Ivorian Footballer of the Year: 2006, 2007

African Footballer of the Year: 2006, 2009

Chelsea Players' Player of the Year: 2007

Premier League Golden Boot: 2007, 2010

PFA Team of the Year: 2007, 2010

UEFA Team of the Year: 2007

ESM Team of the Year: 2007

FIFPro World XI: 2007

BBC African Footballer of the Year: 2009

West African Footballer of the Year : 2010

Chelsea Player of the Year: 2010

Time Top 100: 2010

Côte d'Ivoire all-time Top Scorer

This is quality :lol:

If we ignore personal opinions, and rate them on loads of things that are decided only by personal opinions we come to a far fairer decision :lol:

Eto'o is better IMO.

Not quite true.......

He was injured a hell of lot during 07-08 and 08-09. During his peak he scored and assisted for fun, as I said.

So his prime consisted of 2 seasons in his whole career? because thats the only time he scored goals for fun, the rest were just poor, average or decent seasons.

@ Tiresias

What fun would there be in that?  :razz: