Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest palnese

Joe Allen ‏@JoeAOfficial

I've been told I can confirm it to you now: I have joined Liverpool Football Club on a longterm contract. Medical is tomorrow morning. #LFC

:lol:

Guest hydeous

Liverpool is a weird club!

They have a decent team though. Not top 4, but they might compete with us for Europa this season.

Joe Allen ‏@JoeAOfficial

I've been told I can confirm it to you now: I have joined Liverpool Football Club on a longterm contract. Medical is tomorrow morning. #LFC

:lol:

Although the statement is probably correct, Joe Allen doesn't have a twitter account.

Swansea must have ripped that agreement (with Rodgers) into a million pieces when they saw £15 Millon on the fax machine.

or someone at liverpool thought they'd have a joke. send a ridiculous bid off in the knowledge that swansea will invoke this agreement, oh how they stood round the fax machine laughing till the reply came from swansea "agreed".

I stand by what i said before, Joe Allen is a good player IMO and would have looked good alongside Tiote and Cabaye in our midfield but he is nowhere near worth 15m.

Also it baffles me why Liverpool want him so much, they already have very similar footballers at the club already if i was in charge i'd be looking for a more attack minded midfielder.

But oh well i'm not going to complain if they want to keep making arses of themselves.

I stand by what i said before, Joe Allen is a good player IMO and would have looked good alongside Tiote and Cabaye in our midfield but he is nowhere near worth 15m.

Also it baffles me why Liverpool want him so much, they already have very similar footballers at the club already if i was in charge i'd be looking for a more attack minded midfielder.

But oh well i'm not going to complain if they want to keep making arses of themselves.

Reckon they'll be looking to move Adam on, Aqualini has gone so it's probably a good move for them, £10m down, but around £2.5m a year less in wages after paying Allen and also having a player they can use instead of just loaning out. Get rid of Adam and the deal about pays for itself.

Guest Realist

They have overpaid a wee bit for Allen but he is a class act.

Someone on another forum put it really well:  he's like a shite modric.  Given that Spurs want 44m for modric, I think the math here works out. :lol: 

Yeah, I think it'll be Sunderland. He'll be a good player for whoever it is.

not so sure about that. he needed to go somewhere thats good at bringing youngsters through, instead he'll now get thrown in somewhere and it won't do him much good. chelsea have handled him badly and if he's not careful it'll cost him.

I guess that Chelsea wouldn't loan him out to sit on another bench and if Fletcher comes in, Lukaku will be #2. I think he has lots of potential but it's such a shame he went to Chelsea when he obviously wouldn't get games. Same thing will happen to Moses.

west brom after lukaku apparently.

Allen £15m vs Cazorla £16m

Cabaye 4m vs Allen £15m :pow:

Aye, a bit of a different story though, but still yeah.

Cabaye, Tiote, Ba, Marveaux, Krul, Santon vs Allen :troll:

It's moments like these, that make you appreciate just how well we've done in recent times.

I'm under no allusion, but when you see it in black and white like that, it really drives it home.

I'm not knocking Joe Allen either by saying that, seems like a good kid but that fee (if true) is barking mad.

Where is the black kid laughing gif? It's MADE for this situation. :lol: