Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest Craig-NUFC

The joys of third party ownerships.

Still think he'll be at Real Madrid come the season after next.

edit: Also talk of Monaco wanting Victor Valdes.

Falcao :anguish:

Surely he could have got a huge contract at a team that's actually a step-up from Atlético?

I think Monaco will be. Look, for what it's worth the same was said about Zlatan and PSG and they gave Barcelona a good matchup in a CL tie. Monaco has an owner and unfortunately money is taking over, unhealthy clubs like yourself and Real are causing other clubs to have new owners who invest shit loads.

French league also becomes better as they'll attract players from that league and therefore more money is invested into teams around the league, unfortunately this won't happen if the tax laws really come into play.

FWIW though, the French league has now four very capable footballing teams.

And I fail to see how buying somebody for €60m from a Spanish is going to benefit Ligue 1 as a whole. All of PSG's big ticket purchases are from abroad too; no trickle down effect here.

No I didn't mean specifically buying Falcao, I'm talking about buying players within Ligue 1 which I expect them to do.

Atlético will be playing in the CL next year, Monaco won't. And remains to be seen if they can snatch one of the two available CL spots in Ligue 1 (PSG owns the third), in just a single season, no matter what they spend.

Well Chelsea, Man City and PSG has shown buying success works, why wouldn't it work for Monaco?

Man City who haven't even got past the group stages of the CL in 2 seasons and didn't even win 1 match in it this season?

It will be a year and a half until Monaco even have a chance of qualifying for Europe and it would very much likely be the EL if they do.  Falcao is currently the world's best striker who should be at the age of hitting the peak of his career around this time.  He should be looking to go to a team who will already give him obscene wages anyway and will also be challenging for domestic and champions league success.

It's a staggering lack of ambition to join a team who's just been promoted from the Ligue 2, some rich 5 year plan or not, and it shows him as another player who's only looking at £ signs.

This TV money is going to have everyone acting foolish this summer (well except us of course!).

Cardiff City going after Gomis? Seems a little bit silly that.

Surely he could have got a huge contract at a team that's actually a step-up from Atlético?

I think Monaco will be. Look, for what it's worth the same was said about Zlatan and PSG and they gave Barcelona a good matchup in a CL tie. Monaco has an owner and unfortunately money is taking over, unhealthy clubs like yourself and Real are causing other clubs to have new owners who invest shit loads.

French league also becomes better as they'll attract players from that league and therefore more money is invested into teams around the league, unfortunately this won't happen if the tax laws really come into play.

Barcelona an unhealthy club?

SkySports jumping the gun once again.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has refused to rule out a summer move for unsettled Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.

Rooney's future at Old Trafford is shrouded in doubt with the player requesting a move and United insisting the England international is not for sale.

A whole host of clubs, including Arsenal, have been linked with a move for Rooney should new United chief David Moyes decide to grant the striker his transfer request.

Wenger is remaining coy on any interest in Rooney and refused to talk about any possible summer transfer targets after being quizzed about the player.

"Look, I'm not in a position today to speak about any transfer targets," Wenger told The Mirror.

"What I am focused on is the short term and after the Newcastle game I give you answer about these questions."

And when pressed as to whether he could ever see such a major player as Rooney leaving Manchester United for Arsenal, Wenger added: "I just told you!"

Still

So did anyone else read that reddit shit about falcao or was it just me? Gives some fairly plausible reasons for him going to Monaco.

Horrible, death of football kind of reasons, but plausible nonetheless.

I think Monaco will be. Look, for what it's worth the same was said about Zlatan and PSG and they gave Barcelona a good matchup in a CL tie. Monaco has an owner and unfortunately money is taking over, unhealthy clubs like yourself and Real are causing other clubs to have new owners who invest s*** loads.

Barcelona an unhealthy club?

I'd imagine he means unhealthily rich and dominant, which clubs like Barca, Real, Bayern & Man Utd are. Indisputable really.

If any club wants to compete with those very biggest clubs then they have to go down the billionaire owner route. Otherwise they will just be cherry picked as soon as they pose a threat (as we'll see with Dortmund this summer).