Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Despite losing a fantastic player Spurs could really do something with this money. Despite all the one man team stuff I think they have a pretty bloody decent squad. Add another £10m rated 20 year old and £85m to spend they could really move on.

You could buy most of the squads in the Prem with 100m.

The hard bit is attracting the £30 million players when you're not in the CL. Yeah you've got the money to get them, but the players that go for those fees aren't always attainable.

Spurs would arguably be better putting the money towards building a new stadium. The fans would never accept it though.

Despite losing a fantastic player Spurs could really do something with this money. Despite all the one man team stuff I think they have a pretty bloody decent squad. Add another £10m rated 20 year old and £85m to spend they could really move on.

I think they should hold on no matter the price, they are not in the CL so will struggle to attract the premium talent necessary to replace Bale and make the team better.

For example when Modric and VdV left they bought Dempsey, Dembele and Sigurdsson.

Ok they are good players, great in Dembele's case IMO but you can't help but feel if they were in the CL they would get better players.

Ok there's a risk they might not qualify anyway but if Bale leaves there's not a chance in hell IMO.

I know 85m is a lot of money, but no matter how much they have will the top players join? doubtful.

And btw, I think you have to take the money.  Bale will have set his golden boy sights on becoming the next galactico next season if not now, so he's not got a long term future in the club.  You cannot guarantee if Bale's stock will be at the same dizzy, ridiculous, stupid heights its currently orbiting the Earth at now.  You have to sell and build.

Whilst they can't attract world class players yet, they could aim for youngsters from just below that level (like Hazard to Chelsea, Ronaldo to Man Utd). The problem is that Isco, Gotze, James Rodriguez etc have already moved this summer. Can only really think of Eriksen and Bernard. So where do you go?

Just hope they dont go for Ben Arfa.

Football is eating itself. Nearly £100m is obscene.

Nothing when your club is essentially bank rolled by the Spanish government or banks or whatever.

Local Council/Government isn't it, your point is right though.

Not forgetting the world media... Pretty sure Madrid and Barca get something like 50% of all the broadcasting money for the whole league between themselves, seems ridiculously corrupt and anti-competitive.

Guest bimpy474

Spurs are down to 1 fit CB.  Apparently Kaboul's knees have a touch of the Ledleys.  So there's some heavy investment needed there. 

Did i read recently that Naughton was being tried at CB as AVB sees him there long term, that or i'm making it up.

Guest bimpy474

Football is eating itself. Nearly £100m is obscene.

Nothing when your club is essentially bank rolled by the Spanish government or banks or whatever.

Local Council/Government isn't it, your point is right though.

Not forgetting the worlds media... Pretty sure Madrid and Barca get something like 50% of all the boradcasting money for the whole league between themselves, seems ridiculously corrupt and anti-competitive.

Oh yeah of course they do, they have their own exclusive TV rights don't they.  O0

Whilst they can't attract world class players yet, they could aim for youngsters from just below that level (like Hazard to Chelsea, Ronaldo to Man Utd). The problem is that Isco, Gotze, James Rodriguez etc have already moved this summer. Can only really think of Eriksen and Bernard. So where do you go?

Lamela would be the best Bale replacement imaginable IMO but again he will probably cost half of that 85m :lol:

Erik Lamela

Hazard is the perfect case, though. We did go for him, very publicly, the year we got bumped from the CL by Chelsea. Hazard made all the right noises but refused a transfer in January because he quite obviously wanted to wait to see who got CL. Chelsea scraped in, and so he went there.

It's getting harder and harder to get anybody at that level in, because without the CL or a sugar daddy, you're pretty much nothing. There are too many clubs willing and able to pay considerably more money and/or offer regular CL football.

Ultimately, I'd rather have a player who's already been with us for a while, and is really, really good. I'd like Bale to stay, please.

Erik Lamela

If he goes I'm blaming you :lol:

Isn't Lamela a bit of an arsehole or have I got him confused with someone else?

He arrived as an excellent prospect (Disco could probably tell you more) and, I guess you could say he is/was a little petulant like. In terms of being an 'arsehole' that'd probably be Totti - hoofing Balotelli a few years ago in a match and shoving journalists and so on :lol:

Lamela is class, not sure he'd like the hurly burly of the PL though, not the quickest either.

I'm not sure he's carved out a position for himself yet though, he was a 10 in Argentina but I assume Totti still plays there for Roma.

If he played for any other country bar Arg (or Brazil) he'd be an international star n all.