Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Have to admit I was really gutted by Carroll leaving, finally showed me that there was no loyalty or emotion in football any more. A local lad giving up the number 9 shirt, unbelievable.

Carroll was the reason I'll never get that upset over losing a player again. I was numb for months after that, that Fulham game is probably my worst football memory. All the sale eventually proved to me was everyone can be replaced, though.

Carroll's departure just made me feel pretty disgusted with the player, as opposed to sad about his departure. I still don't hold 'the club' in too much disregard over that whole event. The guy was number 9 and could have become a legend here. Instead he chased the money at another club, one that I utterly detest, too. He's a prick for that, imo.

Can't remember the last time I was properly gutted about a player leaving. Probably Bellamy but that was just because it epitomised what was going on. The Souness era was the only time I'd experienced a serious regression, having properly got into football when Bobby arrived. I was aware of the Dalglish/Gullit era but I was too young to recognise it as the serious decline it was.

Solano both times was sickening. On both occasions it was a bad move, particularly the second time where he and Dyer left at the same time.

Carroll's departure just made me feel pretty disgusted with the player, as opposed to sad about his departure. I still don't hold 'the club' in too much disregard over that whole event. The guy was number 9 and could have become a legend here. Instead he chased the money at another club, one that I utterly detest, too. He's a prick for that, imo.

Can't remember the last time I was properly gutted about a player leaving. Probably Bellamy but that was just because it epitomised what was going on. The Souness era was the only time I'd experienced a serious regression, having properly got into football when Bobby arrived. I was aware of the Dalglish/Gullit era but I was too young to recognise it as the serious decline it was.

Solano both times was sickening. On both occasions it was a bad move, particularly the second time where he and Dyer left at the same time.

:clap:

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 2m

Confirmed: West Ham and Lille have agreed a fee (€3.5m) for Kalou. Now for the player to decide (reports reliable @mohamedbouhafsi) #WHUFC

Expand

Leaving the ground after the 0-1 against Man U in '96. Some bloke piped up "That's cost us the league, that" and it hit me. Reality hit me like a fucking  sledgehammer, fucking awful.

Leaving the ground after the 0-1 against Man U in '96. Some bloke piped up "That's cost us the league, that" and it hit me. Reality hit me like a fucking  sledgehammer, fucking awful.

Glad I wasn't old enough to experience that, like.

Worst single result for me is still Sporting Lisbon - I was absolutely heartbroken after that. It was obviously never going to happen but I've seen us play in two cup finals, various semi/quarter-finals... that's the only time I felt genuinely confident we could win something. Partizan's probably second. We were on holiday in Spain and got a chance to look at a British paper. Match report of the home defeat to Birmingham... "Newcastle, who crashed out of Europe in midweek, blah blah blah..." I can remember me Dad reading that out as if it were yesterday. Holiday ruined.

Leaving the ground after the 0-1 against Man U in '96. Some bloke piped up "That's cost us the league, that" and it hit me. Reality hit me like a f***ing  sledgehammer, f***ing awful.

Glad I wasn't old enough to experience that, like.

Worst single result for me is still Sporting Lisbon - I was absolutely heartbroken after that. It was obviously never going to happen but I've seen us play in two cup finals, various semi/quarter-finals... that's the only time I felt genuinely confident we could win something. Partizan's probably second. We were on holiday in Spain and got a chance to look at a British paper. Match report of the home defeat to Birmingham... "Newcastle, who crashed out of Europe in midweek, blah blah blah..." I can remember me Dad reading that out as if it were yesterday. Holiday ruined.

Souness is a cunt and forgot about the good of the club, leaving Laurent Robert out because of issues he had with him.

I'll be completely gutted when Hatem leaves us  :(

The less he plays, the less I care about him.  I've gone from "I'll end it all" to "I'll be genuinely annoyed".

This season should have you suicidal then. I mean that in the best possible way.

That whole week, FA cup semi final on the sunday was horrific.

I had 3 days in Lisbon, 2 in Cardiff then a day trip to Norwich a few days later - 3 defeats and an enjoyable week following NUFC on the road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2