Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

AVB making room to fit in all his midfielders.

Spurs supporting lad I know isn't happy since they only have 2 other centre backs and both are injured.

Vertonghen, Kaboul and Dawson? they have been linked with some Steaua Bucharest defender too.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/tottenham-react-to-jan-vertonghen-injury-by-increasing-interest-in-steaua-bucharest-defender-vlad-chiriches-8739952.html

Also reports in Romania say a fee has been agreed for around 8m euros.

AVB making room to fit in all his midfielders.

Spurs supporting lad I know isn't happy since they only have 2 other centre backs and both are injured.

Vertonghen, Kaboul and Dawson? they have been linked with some Steaua Bucharest defender too.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/tottenham-react-to-jan-vertonghen-injury-by-increasing-interest-in-steaua-bucharest-defender-vlad-chiriches-8739952.html

Also reports in Romania say a fee has been agreed for around 8m euros.

On 30 July 2013, the player's agent confirmed that Chiricheș is set to join Tottenham Hotspur for a reported €8 million (£6.94 million) fee after the English Premier League side battled Roma for him.[9]

http://www.dolce-sport.ro/fotbal/fotbal-intern/impresarul-lui-chiriches-a-dat-toate-detaliile-transferului-villas-boas-l-a-studiat-foarte-bine-mi-a-spus-ca-23417/ (Romanian)

Makes sense then.

So Bale has finally told AVB he wants to leave...

...says Talksport.

Didn't he also tell Levy a while back that he wanted to leave? I'm guessing Levy and AVB touch base occasionally.

Honestly, we don't have a bloody clue what's going on, and some outlets are making stuff up while others are quoting them. There really doesn't seem to be much point trying to follow a narrative. Particularly when you consider the sources. It wouldn't surprise me if he left, and it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed.

More surprised about Caulker leaving, but that suggests that AVB's opinion is carrying a lot of weight in our transfer dealings.

All Marca are is an extension of Real Madrid.

If they want to get things right they can, but most of the time they are used to unsettle players.

And tbf it seems to work :lol:

Not true. They are all about Real Madrid but not necessarily the way the people at Real Madrid want. They cause a lot of unwanted damage to the club.

Exactly. Most Real Madrid presidents would have wiped Marca from the earth if they could.

They have already forced one president out (Calderon iirc).

:lol: :lol:

...says Talksport.

Didn't he also tell Levy a while back that he wanted to leave? I'm guessing Levy and AVB touch base occasionally.

Honestly, we don't have a bloody clue what's going on, and some outlets are making stuff up while others are quoting them. There really doesn't seem to be much point trying to follow a narrative. Particularly when you consider the sources. It wouldn't surprise me if he left, and it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed.

More surprised about Caulker leaving, but that suggests that AVB's opinion is carrying a lot of weight in our transfer dealings.

Do you think there is any element of Spurs wanting to sell?

...says Talksport.

Do you think there is any element of Spurs wanting to sell?

Bale, or Caulker?

My guesses are: We obviously want to keep Bale, because he's ace. Marca got itchy feet over Neymar etc and made up some stuff. Bale's agent is interested in money. Real are completely unscrupulous. Bale would have been happy to stay, all things being equal, but his agent and RM have been putting pressure on him to move (CL football, lots of money, Spanish football - which Bale has professed admiration for, nice weather - he holidays in Marbella). The sports media is what it is.

It wouldn't surprise me if assurances had been made to AVB and prospective purchases that Bale would be staying. We get a lot of media exposure worldwide through Bale, which means his leaving is difficult to quantify in cash terms. Levy therefore would find it hard to agree a sale, however much they offer. I also feel that Real don't actually have that much cash available for a purchase, so they're (a) trying to find ways round this (makeweights etc) (b) reinforcing the line that Levy is asking for silly money, so if they back out it is not embarrassing. On top of which, I remain to be convinced that they've actually made any offers at all.

I don't think we want to sell. I don't think Real are actually offering the silly amounts being banded about. I do think they're systematically unsettling Bale. God knows what will happen next.

I don't think we want to sell. I don't think Real are actually offering the silly amounts being banded about. I do think they're systematically unsettling Bale. God knows what will happen next.

Of course they are.

His agent will be eyeing up his own slice of the pie if he moves his client on, too. This is what happens in pretty much every transfer. It is what happened with Benteke the other week, too.

His agent gets in his ear, he can do a deal, get him a move, agent gets big chunk payment, player gets more money, bigger contract etc etc.

The problem you have is that the club is Real, so players are more likely to want to push through a move - they're the biggest club in the world, arguably - and they have a proven track record of always getitng what they want. Even if what they actually want sometimes turns out to be a bit daft.

You need this sorted one way or the other very soon, though. He's such a good player, but he's so important to you, if you are going to have to try to replace him, you need as much time as you can get to do it.

There's a kind of inevitability that he's going to end up going, unfortunately, as that sort of thing is what fucks up football. I reckon it's in your better interests to take the money now rather than wait weeks and get another 5 or 10m or whatever out of them. The figures spoken are ALL utterly immense in any case, and there's no point having it burning a hole in your pocket until January.

West Brom activating Kalou's release clause from Lille. Could be a good option for us IMO.

No re-sale value.

I think he would cost under £3m though, which seems a good deal.

If we wanted him we'd have signed him on a free last summer IMO.

West Brom activating Kalou's release clause from Lille. Could be a good option for us IMO.

No re-sale value.

I think he would cost under £3m though, which seems a good deal.

If we wanted him we'd have signed him on a free last summer IMO.

Probably aye, I think we should have.

Spurs fan i know hates him, regularly makes errors and cost Spurs on more than one occasion last season.

His words not mine, he'll be a good signing for Cardiff though you would think.

That's all true, but he's 21. Plenty of time.

I do think that AVB doesn't fancy him, and that's why he's moving on. Well, that and the large wodge of cash Cardiff will give us. We're going to be extremely thin at CB unless that Romanian kid comes in.