Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Spurs fan i know hates him, regularly makes errors and cost Spurs on more than one occasion last season.

His words not mine, he'll be a good signing for Cardiff though you would think.

That's all true, but he's 21. Plenty of time.

I do think that AVB doesn't fancy him, and that's why he's moving on. Well, that and the large wodge of cash Cardiff will give us. We're going to be extremely thin at CB unless that Romanian kid comes in.

Oh i agree completely i was just making a point :D

As for us.... he wouldn't start for us but i would take him problem is that would just me being selfish.

As quite frankly at least until Coloccini goes he will not be getting the minutes he needs.

As quite frankly at least until Coloccini goes he will not be getting the minutes he needs.

He can fill in at RB though. We could do with one or two versatile defenders who can cover at FB and CB.

Wish we were getting Caulker.. Have they said what the fee is yet?

In excess of their recording signing of 8.5m.

:thup: A little too much, but it could be a steal eventually. We would have never paid that of course, but Caulker is around the same age and ability of someone I'd bring in for a 4th CB

Great to see the Serie A transfer merry go round back in full swing after a short while out of action.

Just need a random AC & Inter player swap for the full house.

@ItalianoCalcio: According to Corriere dello Sport, Milan are interested in Inter's Silvestre since Bonera got hurt. Nocerino could be part of a deal.

Seems he's signed on loan. The cycle is complete.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1510057/ac-milan-confirm-agreement-inter-milan-defender-matias-silvestre

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/ac-milan-sign-matias-silvestre-from-inter-milan-on-loan/410719-5-21.html

I like the look if Caulker. Seems a confident defender, comfortable on the ball and knows the basics inside out. Good potential too.

If Coloccini was off I would have wanted us to be in for him, but it's a high price for a centre half when we have M'Biwa, Colo and Taylor competing for 2 places.

Inside La Liga ‏@InsideLaLiga 3m

BREAKING: Valencia have completed 30m transfer of Roberto Soldado to #THFC. Spurs pay 12M now, 6m in March 2014, 2015, 2016. (@FranGuaita)

Bloke in question, works for Cadena SER Valencia.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/329867/WORLD-EXCLUSIVE-Tottenham-star-Gareth-Bale-gets-his-way-as-95m-Real-Madrid-deal-is-ON?

The Welsh wonder has convinced Spurs they have to let him leave and move to the Bernabeu.

And boss Andre Villas-Boas is now willing to sanction a world record deal involving £85m in cash and Real’s exciting young striker Alvaro Morata, 20.

Spurs conducted talks with Bale at the club’s training ground in a last-ditch attempt to get him to stay.

But the north Londoners were clearly told by the 24-year-old that he wants to sign for the Spanish giants.

Villas-Boas has now identified Morata, previously linked with a £10m move to Liverpool, as the player he wants to bring to White Hart Lane.

Spurs had hoped to convince Bale they have big ambitions and plan to make key signings in an effort to become a major Premier League force.

But Bale let them know in no uncertain terms he has his heart set on a dream move to Madrid.

Chairman Daniel Levy is now expected to thrash out a mega-money deal and wants cash plus Morata.

£95m is an absolute pisstake. Eye-watering....at least £40m too much imo.

Guest bimpy474

Pretty sure Spurs are looking for a CB more comfortable on the ball, fits AVB's system better. Still surprises me though.

Wouldn't that be Kaboul, he's returning from long term injury, maybe that's why they let Caulker go.

Guest bimpy474

Football is eating itself. Nearly £100m is obscene.

Nothing when your club is essentially bank rolled by the Spanish government or banks or whatever.

Local Council/Government isn't it, your point is right though.

Despite losing a fantastic player Spurs could really do something with this money. Despite all the one man team stuff I think they have a pretty bloody decent squad. Add another £10m rated 20 year old and £85m to spend they could really move on.