Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Think Barca getting in Neymar to pair up with Messi has hugely influenced this move.

Madrid feel they have to make a splash too, and will now have a dangerous pair of their own in Bale and Ronaldo.

Daniel Levy, hats off to you though. Taken full advantage.

I refuse to believe this until it actually happens. Because it the fee really was £105m then that would mean spurs turned down other reported bids of £85-95m etc which is absolutely ridiculous when you think about it.

Narr don't believe it narr no way nah. [jonas]

I'm starting to think Ronaldo will be off in next 1-2 years and Bale will be groomed as his replacement.

Off the pitch too as he will be marketed like nobodies business to recoup that fee.

He's on every fucking billboard for BT, that worked out well

Good old Spurs, bank that cash and probably finish outside the Champions League places again next season. What's the point?

Towards a new stadium? Would be the best decision long term.

Thought the finance was already was sorted (although I guess they can pay it off quicker). Either way in 10 years they'll be way, way bigger than they are now.

I just don't think they're going to be able to sign that player to take them above the current top 4 with them not being in the CL and Bale's value wouldn't diminish that much this season unless his leg fell off.

Seeing some of the fee's going round so far this summer like Cavani,Falcao and even stuff like £8m for that dwight gayle. Plus the the rumoured fee's demanded by teams for certain players like Bale, Suarez, Fabregas, etc

Really brings home where we're at as a club these days. While we're haggling over loans and apparently £7m, it's easy to forget we are in a league where we are supposed to be in direct competition with the teams who are spending absolute fortunes.

Really sad to think of what football is these days.

I thought this was the season Arsenal were going to be spending money?

Tbf they have been, offering over 40m for Suarez is no joke and offering for 25m for Higuain is no joke either.

Because they have been rejected don't mean they have no desire to spend it.

Besides there is still over a month away and 3 of last years top 4 have hardly done a thing.

Guest neesy111

I thought this was the season Arsenal were going to be spending money?

Tbf they have been, offering over 40m for Suarez is no joke and offering for 25m for Higuain is no joke either.

Because they have been rejected don't mean they have no desire to spend it.

Besides there is still over a month away and 3 of last years top 4 have hardly done a thing.

Yes, but that should be standard bids for a club the size the Arsenal, what I mean is splashing 70M-80M on players in total considering the new TV deals + new commercial deals they've just got.  They've got the money to do it.

I think they always flirt with the idea of spending a lot of money but never fully go for it. Can't say I blame them because they simply cannot compete with the big boys unless they decide to allow themselves to get into debt like Man United do.

Tbf i have never at any stage seen Arsenal offer the kind of money they offered for Suarez.

Until Napoli got involved Higuain would've been perfect for Arsenal IMO. Him, a better CB and Gustavo would see them push for the title IMO.

Completely agree, but then you have decide is it worth it paying over the odds to get the player you want? 40m euros i think Napoli paid and that's way over the top IMO.

See what they do anyway, they would look a bit of a joke to the fans if they didn't spend anything after all these offers.

I expect them to be busy between now and when the deadline passes.

According to Bild, Arsenal have made an offer for Luiz Gustavo. Also interest from Chelsea and Wolfsburg.

Never really rated him that high but was absolute class for Brazil this summer.